[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have straight Bs in uni courses >fail and have to withdraw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Icommandmyass.png (437KB, 760x808px) Image search: [Google]
Icommandmyass.png
437KB, 760x808px
>have straight Bs in uni courses
>fail and have to withdraw two semesters in a row because of attendance policies

What the fuck? Why do courses I have to pay for do dumb shit like this? And more importantly where should I go from here?
>>
>>16946211
Attend a school without babby-tier attendance policies.
>>
>>16946218
The main reason I went there was because it was a community college and cheap, also no vehicle.

Shouldn't have said uni really
>>
File: 1458336408086.jpg (214KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
1458336408086.jpg
214KB, 600x620px
>Straight Bs
>>
>>16946211
>Why do courses I have to pay for do dumb shit like this?
To filter out people who refuse to even honor the commitment to attend classes they signed up for. Sounds like babby's got some growing up to do before he's ready for college.
>>
>>16946228
That's the price to pay there. It has to do with their abysmal drop out and non-completion rates.

Don't get me wrong, community colleges are awesome but because of who attends that's what we have to deal with. It comes with the territory.

You should be getting at least a few A's though. And don't fuck it up or else you'll be in a world of hurt when you try to advance your education and find that previous poor performance screws you over.
>>
>>16946265
Yes, but other colleges just make it a percentage of the grade, not "lol have to give you a zero average better withdraw now"
>>
>>16946271
I'm probably getting thrown out of my house now though, what would you recommend I do to save up and go back into education?
>>
>>16946211
Any college that receives federal money has to take attendance.
>>
>>16946280
work a job with a lot of hours.
>>
>>16946286
See
>>16946278
>>
>>16946211
fucking moron, why didn't you just go to class? you would have known about the policies and known that you'd fail.
>>
>>16946323
I can't answer that.
>>
>>16946286

Why would you go and make shit up on the internet?

There are three reasons why a prof would usually take attendance: intro class and they don't want to feel disrespected, community college that has a bunch of ghetto people who are just there to collect fafsa money, high-failrate class and prof is trying to encourage people to attend.

I'm sure there are a boatload of other reasons, but no, just because a school gets federal money there isn't some federal law which states the instructor has to take attendance.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.