[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /adv/ Ive heard some rumors that sleeping in same room with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

So /adv/
Ive heard some rumors that sleeping in same room with your computer while its ON is harmfull and can cause cancer, I dont believe in this cancer story but is it acctually harmfull ? To sleep near your computer while it is running ? (monitors are ofc OFF, just the pc is running)
>>
If it was, then what difference would it make if you were asleep? Computers in general would be dangerous to be around, don't you think?
>>
I really doubt it. We have (inter)national safety standards for a reason, man.
>>
Computers do emit an extremely small amount of electromagnetic radiation when they're turned on. That is a fact.

But it is hard to understate the size of that dose. Using a CRT monitor for a whole month gives you less of a dose of radiation than eating one banana does.

Or, to put it another way, fib fact: all living things emit a small amount of radiation too. Sleeping next to a computer gives you less of a dose of radiation than sleeping next to a person. But you never hear of spouses sleeping with lead sheets between them. The reason for this is simple: doses that tiny are safe. And so is sleeping in the same room as a computer.
>>
>>16945619
Um, fun fact, not fib fact. That was an... unfortunate... typo.
>>
>>16945597
yes.
>>
>>16945597

its been proven that you sleep better when there arent blinking lights and electronic interference. so turning your computer off can theoretically make you fall asleep faster and sleep harder.
>>
>>16945632
This much is true. Ideally, you shouldn't look at backlit (LCD) or luminous CRT, OLED, plasma, etc) screens for an hour before bed, because that kind of blue-tinted light can fuck with your sleep. E-ink is okay, as are LCDs with no built-in light source.
>>
>>16945642

you can fix this using a program called f.lux

i downloaded it to my home computer. it basically adjusts the lighting of your computer for the time of the day, mimicing the kind of light you'd see at night. its helped me fall asleep easier.
>>
About as dangerous as sitting to close to the TV.
>>
>>16945597
Having lights on while you are sleeping is proven to cause prostate cancer actually.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.