[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a scam /adv/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: scam?.png (259KB, 1446x980px) Image search: [Google]
scam?.png
259KB, 1446x980px
I am applying for jobs and I got this email. What do you think?
>>
>>16945230
yes, it's a scam.
>>
>>16945230

nope nope nope nope nope
>>
send him the address and phone number to whatever the people who enforce scams/fraud are in your country..make up weird name...and there you go
>>
Lol that's such a fucking scam. The only words they're missing are "money order" to finish the job.

This is how it's gonna play out OP. They're going to send you a money order or something for more money than they "need". You will end up sending them the excess back. The funds they sent will turn out to be fake, but your's won't. Your bank will call you or send you a notice and you will end up losing any money you sent.
>>
>>16945230
100% scam. That's not how businesses are run.
>>
>>16945330

This is sort of correct. I got roped into one of these when I was 18.

The checks will be real checks, with fake information. Basically the concept of the scam is that it takes a few days for a bank to catch a fake check, and alert the person, so they get you to send them money because you think you already have a good check, and they are good for it.

Or, like me, you could be used as a person to send real funds to people working for them. They hire people to write the checks and mail them under false pretenses, so they think they are just working from home. They money transfer you like 2k, and then expect you to distribute it to the people who are working for them.

in general, don't ever accept a job that you haven't met someone in person or skyped with.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.