[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/ Firstly, I am not here for sympathy or to bitch or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

File: 1363435038836.jpg (104KB, 800x563px) Image search: [Google]
1363435038836.jpg
104KB, 800x563px
Hey /adv/

Firstly, I am not here for sympathy or to bitch or to get attention. I am simply here for some advice on how to best kill myself and whether I should leave a note for my friends and family.

Ive got the rope, I've made the knot. I know the length of the drop to break my neck so its an instant death. The problem I have is I am not sure of the actual positioning on my neck. I've heard the knot should be on the left to the back? Would it make a difference? I am thinking a large sturdy tree and to be careful I jump from the branch and not tangle it on the way down. I ask this because I really don't want to strangle to death, that can take a while.

I am not sure whether to leave a note or note, and whether it would cause more unnecessary pain. I've left the money for my housemate and what I have left will go to the people who find my body as to apologize for having to see that sight. I am thinking of just not leaving a note.

Thanks for the advice.
>>
You will regret it the moment your feet slip.

Leave a note if you care about your family and friends.

Remember that you're going to die eventually OP. There is no need to rush.
>>
>>16944736
I never understood hanging yourself, guns are so fucking convenient nowadays for these types of things, why in the hell would you want to suffocate yourself to death when you can literally just die instantly without pain? Uh, average advice, don't do it.
>>
File: starshiptroopers_02.jpg (11KB, 360x271px) Image search: [Google]
starshiptroopers_02.jpg
11KB, 360x271px
Figuring things out for yourself is the only true freedom anyone really has. Use that freedom...make up your own mind, anon.
>>
>>16944756

There is a way to hang yourself so that the spinal cord attached to your brain is severed resulting in an instant death, I am going for that. Also I cannot acquire a gun.

>>16944751

I know its asking alot, but do you have any suggestions? What would you like to hear. I don't want to go out bitter and blaming people.
>>
>>16944736
People who attempt suicide and survive say that as they tried they realized all their problems had solutions.

Sounds cliché but don't do it. Just get help from s professional. I did it after returning from Afghanistan and both my ex girlfriends have as well and they were happy they did it.

If you decide to get help I could pen pal you since everyone needs some form of support.
>>
If youre still here OP, please dont. You said you have family and friends. Think of them.
>>
>>16944871
>>16944857

Honestly thanks guys but I am really just looking for advice on the main two points.
>>
File: zmir.jpg (141KB, 900x676px) Image search: [Google]
zmir.jpg
141KB, 900x676px
>>16944857
Not everyone seeking help gets the limitless support that you currently enjoy.

Some victims of their 'man-made-misfortune' are just branded as outcasts by the societies/families/friends who once sheltered them. You'll never know what its like to be chased down by a vicious mob. You'll never be forced to self-loath. You'll never know what its like to be stabbed in the back by everyone you loved and knew...and everyone you didn't.
>>
>>16944736
Be sure to come back tomorrow and tell us how you didn't do it.
>>
>>16944915

Like I said, I am not looking for sympathy. I just want to know the best way to kill myself and whether I should write a note.

If you have any advice that would be nice

>The more advice I get the quicker I can kill myself. Everyone wins.
>>
>>16944967
Call a help hotline anon, if you're in the states the number is 1 (800) 273-8255
It's only a Google search away in any other country.
>>
In the same boat as you, except I was going to OD on narcos but got them taken away from me, so now I'm going to look for a gun shop. I was going to write just a small thing to my family giving away my things because I hear if you die and don't have someone to claim your money is all goes to the government, so if you have someone you want to give money/your shit to, you could scribble something out.
>>
Are you in crisis? Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at +1 (800) 273-8255.
>>
>>16944967
> inert
> gas
> asphyxiation
Google it, try it, thank me from heaven
>>
>>16945049
Give it to them in person, because why not.
>>
File: 1451878429134.jpg (378KB, 1239x795px) Image search: [Google]
1451878429134.jpg
378KB, 1239x795px
>>16945049

Thanks anon, besides from a fridge, surf board and laptop and maybe 70 or so books I have nothing. I left money and extra to take care of removalists for my stuff. Ill scribble something down about all my possessions going to my family or something.

>>16945110

Yeah looked into it. Apparently there can be alot of pain involved and its not actually as effective as the hanging method. Pic related isnt as reliable as I thought. I would like it to be as quick and painless as possible.
>>
>>16944736
Do you want to talk about it Anon?
>>
>>16945155

No thanks anon, thanks for caring. Just wanna take the easy way out. Just wondering about some final stuff to get sorted.

I wanna do this all right so yeah...
>>
don't kill yourself.
Your problems have solutions- try to be strong enough to fight for those solutions instead of giving up.

You should leave a note. Family and friends will always blame themselves. If you don't want them to spend the rest of their lives living depressed, you should leave a note telling them that it's not their fault and why.
Some people, like your parents and best friends, will never accept your note and will live the rest of their lives with the burden of your suicide.
Consider this as you make your choice. You're not simply removing yourself from the equation, you're ripping yourself from this world and you're ripping a part of those who love you as well. It's a selfish action.

No idea about the rope thing, but if I had to kill myself I'd want my life to count for something. Like by trying to save someone's life, or by contributing to a worthy cause. Maybe look in to that and see if you can turn your suicide in to a sacrifice
>>
Hey Anon... Two of my friends did this through the years and seeing what it did to all their friends, the community around them and me, I would urge you to sort it out differently. Seek help, confide in someone etc. If not for yourself (living IS harder for people) then for them. Doing this without is too selfish, you just let everyone else pay the concequences for you.

You may think nobody cares, but that may not be as true as you think.... It would push many of people around to towards depression....

(my friend and best friend of one girl, who did this three years ago wasn´t able to go through with her university work, had to start over altogether and is in therapy even now and I don´t know about the rest).
>>
>>16945159
I'm just curious as to what made up your mind. I feel like I'm just living my life for the sake of those around me and the odd moment of cheap thrills to make me feel alive for a few hours. So why break the habit?
>>
>>16945161

Ill leave a note explaining that it wasn't anyones fault. Ill try my best to be literate about it. It's hard to write everyone one final time when you cannot reiterate anything on another occasion. This is why I didn't want to write anything in the first place.

Ill be doing it well away from where people are normally. Hopefully no one will have to find my body.
>>
>>16945164

No one needs to hear the same crap from me about "no one understanding" or "not feeling loved" anon. Been meaning to do this for a long time. Just wanna do it right.
>>
>>16944756
Not really, you don't necessarily go out that simple and easy with a gun, unless you know where to point that thing.

A few months back, a guy from the forensics shot himself in the death. Aside from the bloody mess they found him in (colleagues of his) in the morning, he wasn't even dead as he hoped he'd be by this method. Died after a few hours of agony
>>
>>16944736

OP, I'm gonna open up here.

I think about this now but yeah, we've all had a suicidal point in our lives. Mine was late highschool years and early 20s. I went from cutting my forearms with scissors to considering suicide. Yet, I found myself being in my first serious relationship...which didn't last very long but I gained a super close friend b/c of it. We were so much alike...we agreed on our spontaneous bursts of depressing days...how much life sucks...how dying would be preferable...

Up until the moment a mutual friend of ours decided to end her life...

Even worse when you actually had a developing crush on this girl, too...

I never thought she would...should've taken the anti-depressants and the therapy as a sign but I was assuming. Normally, people get better after this, right? That's what therapists fucking do. If a patient of theirs committed suicide...well then, who answers for this? We had a conversation just mere days before she killed herself...I told her how much I would love to hang out with her. We were both Doctor Who/Sherlock fans and I told her we'd binge watch it in the new year...

The ripples of someone close to you who has committed suicide I would never have imagined. You may think now that nobody cares about you but a lot of people do. Especially those who would've begged you to stay. I begged her to wait for me...and she didn't. I can forgive her now b/c a lot has happened in 3 years...but back then? It was difficult...b/c when you care that much about someone and they just decide to...leave this world...and you have all these things you wish you could've told this person...and you'll never get the chance to? It's the most...heartbreaking thing...death takes us all but to bear witness to it...and have it affect those you care about...it's a pain that really never heals...

I really hope you don't go through with this, OP. Please, give life another shot.
>>
>>16945192
shot himself in the head*
>>
>>16945179
I think we have different ideas of "right." Mine involves hookers and blow.

And if it's any conciliation, I love you Anon. The small vulnerable part of you that you've leaked into this shit hole. No, it's not the entirety of your being, but we hardly have the full story on ourselves, let alone eachother. Our brain fills in the rest and that's as authentic as it gets. I sincerely hope you think this over.
>>
>>16945193
Not Op but thanks for sharing anon. Death is a defining part of the human experience and I always appreciate hearing how others deal with it.
>>
Here's an idea: don't do it. You're going to put your family and friends in much more emotional pain than you already are.
>don't guilt trip me anon
Well, how about you live life. You owe it to the people you love to live a good life.
>>
>>16945163
Not op, but I want to know what the "consequences" are that your family/friends have to face.
I see if the person killing themselves had a debt, or if you just talking about "missing a loved one" but that's about it.
I don't want to leave any shit behind for anyone to deal with.
>>
>>16945214
>much more emotional pain than you already are.
Really? Are they going to DOUBLE kill themselves?
>>
>>16945222
OP will understand my point.

Checked btw
>>
>>16945193

Thanks for sharing anon, sorry for your loss.

>>16945195

Haha not so sure about the hookers and blow part. Love you too anon, thanks for the advice. Ill buy you a beer on the other side sometime.
>>
>>16945214

Look, I am really not here for this. I just want advice on the finer points on hanging oneself or note leaving.

You won't be effected by this anon, I promise you. Just think of me as a bot of some kind.
>>
Anyone have any suggestions for the note? what they would like to read ? Anything.
>>
>>16945274
I lost a person that I truly cared about to suicide.

Say you're sorry. Explain why you did it. Tell them that you know that you're a selfish asshole and you're pushing them through an immense pain. Tell them you love them. Say you're sorry another couple of times.
>>
>>16945281

Apologise alot and acknowledge their suffering from it. On it.

Thanks anon.
>>
>>16945293
Also, tell them they couldn't have helped you.
>>
>>16945295

"I am so sorry about this all, and I want you to know I loved you all deeply and I am sorry for the pain and suffering this will cause you through out your life. This was NOT anyones fault, and this was something no one could have changed. Please know you all acted as best you could.

I am sorry

I love you. I love you.

I am sorry. "

I think ill go with this.
>>
>>16945312
yesus christ go see a fucking therapist, like you want to end your life because of such shallow things like love? REALLY?

ok go on, do watcha want, imma not stopping you because its your shit
>>
once i was in this situation, and around me i literally had dozens, maybe around 50 really good, trustworthy, close friends from within my school and outside my school which found out one way or another and EVERYONE tried to stop me. It was such a difficult situation, cause their words couldn't pierce my heart. I was dead inside. Emotionally dead. Done. I wrote them all goodbye messages, it ended up being about 25 written pages, to my family, friends, lovers, ex lovers, etc. I wrote messages to them in terms of their friend groups rather than individually cause it was quicker and less repetitive. It was more like a love note, telling my friends how much i appreciate all of them, and my family too. And how i cherished all the good memories and said I would be watching over them and handing on all the strength in my heart down to them so they wouldnt have to suffer like I have.But I couldn't do it. i got so very close, I even handed my letter out to some close friends and made copies and asked them to wait until i was gone to hand it to the people i wrote about. It was the toughest time in my life, OP, and I can't even tell you how i got through it. I think it was just time. Time does heal all wounds, but it takes so long, and it is so difficult, but when you've moved past that difficult point, you do not regret not killing yourself. You feel thankful for the friendships that were ended and created, the memories you've made, the pain you've felt and the love you've experienced, and everything you'll continue to go through in life whether it be good or bad. It's your choice, and i'm trying to think of your situation through the perspective I had when I was at the point in my life I just described, and I know there is no way my words can pierce your heart, and it isn't up to me to make decisions for you or try to save the life of someone I dont know.
>>
>>16945332
However, I want to make it clear that you will not regret the choice to stay alive. Right now, I'm dealing with immense heartbreak, and that is terrible, but looking back, I know if I had ended my life I wouldn't be facing this. But I'm glad to be facing this. This person, though they do not have feelings for me now and they cut ties with me in a very abusive manner, lit up my fucking life. There were so many beautiful memories I made with him, and they were simple- laying in the grass watching the clouds pass while we listened to music, or walking over a huge bridge together right before the sun set, etc. Very simple things. But things I would not have experienced if I wasn't here today, and it feels amazing to have had these experiences. of course i hope that i can resolve this situation and stay happy with this person, but i just feel fucking stellar that i got to have this beautiful flourishing romance with someone who made me feel so happy to live, and even though it isn't working out now, i wouldnt have had the chance to experience this beauty if i wasn't here. I don't regret it. Please, do what you think is best for you, but know that there will be tough times if you choose to live, but the good times you experience will be so rich and vivid, and cement themselves in your mind as reasons to stay alive each and every day.
>>
>>16945325

Huh? Is that the impression this gives off? Has nothing to do with love or women or anything like that...

Hmmm might have to re word this.
>>
>>16944736
OP- I lost a friend a few years ago who had hung himself. It absolutely devastated me, he was young and I was young and it all seemed so... senseless.
He was a brilliant man who got heavily into drugs and the continued depression enveloped his life.
His girlfriend of six years was the one who found him, he left a note and she still has it but it does not fill the void an entire human filled. I've had 3 friends since who have passed the same way.
I actually just lost another friend to drugs a few days ago, his roommates came home after a vacation and just kind of... found him dead. Whether it was intentional or not, it's left his family friends and everyone who ever knew him wrecked.
Think of the people who will find you, whether it be someone close to you or not. Know that for the rest of that persons life, they will be beyond traumatized.
Think of your friends who will blame themselves and always sit there thinking of what they could have done to help.
Think of your family having to plan out a funeral for you through tears... through months to YEARS of sobbing. All while looking back through every childhood memory, hanging onto any thread of happiness that they'll seldom find for years after this.
Think of someone going through all of your personal items, slowly looking at each thing wishing they could bring you back.
The gravity of the situation for othets isn't selfishness, or anger or any menial emotion you can imagine.
It's loss- a broken heart, resent towards themselves and not you, living in the past and never being able to forgive themselves for "not saying XYZ" or not being there for you when they wish they had.
Please don't do this OP, if not for yourself then think of the hundreds of people who will cry when they know you're gone.
>>
Get a camera and stream it on youtube anon.
>>
>>16946176
>>16945356
The two types of people you'll meet on this thread
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.