[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is going to music school worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 20160313_150852.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160313_150852.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
So I want to go to a community college that serves audio engineering as an associates. Basically a music technology course.

Now, my music sucks. But I have excuses for that, tons of excuses. Such as my computer can't handle good music, my room is too cluttered so my mental state is not good, I am too busy to make music, etc. I don't know where to even begin. Everyone I know that produces music is godlike.

What is wrong with me adv? Is it normal to feel this way? Music is something that I want to do, yet I suck at it, so maybe I don't really deep inside?

I've been kind of depressed lately so maybe that has something to do with it?
>>
>>16944476
It's an AAS yeah I know. I'm doing something similar but desu I already was working in it when I went to get something more formal.

What I mean is, at least the way I see it, is that college and education are really only there to reinforce what you're already interested in and are doing on your own.

It's why the people who succeed are usually the ones that are already doing shit beforehand(self taught programmers, tinkerers, artists, etc)

I dunno, in the end your success is on you. Make music or don't because you and I damn well know how many "musicians" are on soundcloud and how many get into it any day and if you can't even beat the bottom of the barrel then really, what are you doing?
>>
>>16944485
and don't give me that "MUH DEPRESSION" bullshit because we can pull out all the people who attribute their musical success to it.
>>
>>16944489
What do they teach you?
>>
depends where you're coming from. if you're never satisfied with the shit you create and constantly try to do it 'right' then that's normal. that's what being an artist is about.

if you're lazy then that's a bad thing though. you need to constantly practice creating things even if you think they suck, that way you improve.
>>
>>16944504
I constantly make bad things and that's what gets me to give up. Thanks for reminding me. Just whenever I hear other peoples' work and how bad mine is on comparison. I've been wanting to pursue it for ages and I can't go back now yknow. Lol idk
>>
File: fCzotzv.jpg (58KB, 997x1024px) Image search: [Google]
fCzotzv.jpg
58KB, 997x1024px
>>16944513
everybody develops skills at their own pace bruh. some of the people you're drawing comparisons probably have been in your shoes at one point but kept persevering regardless.

stop making excuses and focus on what you love
>>
>>16944476
You want to be a musician? Then make music. It really is that simple. You make time for the things that are important to you.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.