[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I did it...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

A little under three years, and i just cut myself again. Honestly, i don't even know why. Back when i was younger, i used to use a dull knife because it was all i had, and this time i used a razor and fucking hell it bled like a mother fucker. The past 15 minutes ive been applying pressure and finally put two band-aids on it just to get it to stop for tonight so i can fucking sleep.

>Be me
>Be sophomore in college
Whats going on in my life that may have caused this:
>Working 10-15 hours a week at Stop n Shop
>School work is getting more intense
>Got back to school yesterday, and my camera bag (for my photo class) is nowhere to be found.
>believe it's been stolen
>no GF, but desperately want someone who actually likes me
>very few friends
>Awkward as fuck and can't stand social situations most of the time

The thing is, i could smoked a cig, or some weed, but i thought about it for a good 20 minutes and decided on cutting myself.

Why did i choose this? /adv, please tell me because i don't fucking know right now.

Pic is not me, just found on google
>>
Don't beat yourself up over it (figuratively or literally). Relapses happen. There really isn't anything quite like that endorphin rush and feeling of release from cutting, so even while you may know it's not cool, the urge to do it can be pretty powerful. Sounds like you have chronic stressors and then the acute stressor of your camera bag going missing was the straw that broke the camel's back. You're reverting to destructive ways of coping because your regular ways are insufficient, and in the past, the cutting seemed to get you through.

How deep are the cuts? If it looks like you might need stitches, you should go to the ER or a doc in the next 12-24 hours if you can. Otherwise just keep them loosely covered so they stay clean, and monitor them for signs of infection (warmth, swelling, pus).

Here comes the part you may not want to hear. Consider seeing a therapist. Campus counselors may or may not be able to help you long term, but maybe stop by and see one anyway. They can help you figure out if you should see a regular psychologist or not.

Whether you decide to see a counselor or not, you must do whatever you can to reduce sources of stress in your life. Even if it seems impossible, at least try. If there's a class you can get away with dropping or sloughing off in, do it. If you have a friend who's always getting on your nerves, ditch them.

At the very least, you need a support system, people you can turn to when shit goes downhill. Friends, parents, siblings. If you can't turn to any of those people, then you should definitely find a counselor, because humans aren't made to bear shittons of stress all by themselves. Yeah there's a lot to be said for manning up and dealing with life, and college is a good place to do that. But cutting is a sign that you're mentally overloaded. There's nothing wrong with asking for help, so do it.

I hope things get better for you OP, I used to cut in college too from the stress. Shitsux.
>>
>>16944464
If you want a girlfriend, let me give you some advice and tell you there's nothing more unattractive in a man for a woman to know that he cuts himself either for attention or out of emasculation. My advice? Fucking. Stop. Now.
>>
>>16944499
This.

Plus.... not just unattractive to women but unattractive to everyone.

No employer is going to consider a cutter or special snowflake for a real job that pays good money. They see you as unreliable and unstable.

Likewise friends see someone who cuts as weird and they avoid getting you involved in their normal activities, worried you'll flip out or hurt yourself over some minor meaningless drama.

Cut yoUr Nonsense ouT.
>>
>>16944496
First, I'd like to clarify. I grabbed that picture from google just for the post.

Second, thank you for all the advice. And one of my cuts is deep, but the other one is smaller. I don't think I'll need stitches or need to go see a doctor, but I definitely will keep an eye on it.

Never thought that the adrenaline from it would be helpful...got tears in my eyes from it. I know it's not cool cause I went to therapy for two years up until the end of high school.

Yeah the camera bag just made yesterday hell for me...and anything right now that usually I can deal with is just setting me off.
I may consider a therapist, but I want to wait until next week to make sure I'm okay. It may just be this week that's causing the major stress.

Again...thank you
>>
>>16944499
I hate to be a dick about this comment, but I haven't cut in three years. This hasn't been on my mind at all, just wanted to say that.
>>
>>16944529
You've come a long way, with nothing for three years. A small relapse was probably over due, just don't let it drag you back in.
>>
>>16944516
Not OP but
>No employer is going to consider a cutter or special snowflake for a real job that pays good money. They see you as unreliable and unstable.
Only if they know you do it.

>Likewise friends see someone who cuts as weird and they avoid getting you involved in their normal activities, worried you'll flip out or hurt yourself over some minor meaningless drama.
Depends on the friends, man. Cutters tend to flock together because they understand each other. If they're immature, this can backfire because emotional instability is perfect food for drama. But if they're working on helping themselves and each other, it can be a real boon. My husband and I are both former/occasional cutters (like I said, relapses happen, but thankfully they are years apart now). Anyway yeah, some friends and potential partners will be scared off by it, but honestly - the type of person who has a good chance of understanding where you're coming from will generally be accepting of it.
>>
>>16944523
>I grabbed that picture from google just for the post.
I figured as much, you mentioned that in your OP and plus the cuts in the pic don't look fresh.

And you are very welcome. Glad I could help.
>>
Why the fuck do these fucking attention whore cutters keep posting pictures of their shitty cuts?
I get that it's your way to show pain and frustration, but can't you just not post this shit on a sfw board?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.