[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any spontaneity or adventure as we age? >High school

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: 1455374683228.jpg (522KB, 3000x2001px) Image search: [Google]
1455374683228.jpg
522KB, 3000x2001px
Is there any spontaneity or adventure as we age?
>High school
Was exciting. On the weekends, it would be gaming Fridays with my friends, a sports game Saturday, usually a party Saturday night, and then studying/house stuff Sunday.
>College
Any night of the week could be an adventure. Lots of drugs. Lots of women. Lots of friends.
>Post college
Thinks started slowing down, but there was still the new work friends, old friends from college visiting, getting to know the city you ended up at, becoming an adult.
>29
Nothing is remotely the same. most of my friends are married. They certainly don't party. We'll get together and cook food, maybe have a few drinks, smoke some pot... then go home. If you want women, they're there, but it's the same cycle - Tinder/real life meet, get to know each other on dates, fuck a bit, decide if you want to continue, rinse and repeat. No one really does drugs anymore and, if they were druggies, they usually hit rock bottom and/or gave it up by this point.

I have all the adult things in life - a career, a girlfriend, a place to live... I take care of my life as an adult.

But there's no adventure left. It's like every day is exactly the same. I can go snowboarding, go on a hike, do all of this stuff... but it's like all of the fun has been sucked out and I'm just going through the motions.

Is this just real life?

I live in a condo... I just met some women on the elevator, college girls, started chatting me up, asking me what was in my backpack (drugs). i told them drugs. they liked that.

No adult I know would have liked that. I feel like the fun is gone from my life and i want it back.
>>
>>16944275
I'm in college and I wish I could skip to the part where everyone is old and they just hang out and cook food
>>
what's the matter princess? the cock carousel not as caring as it used to be?
>>
>>16944275
>OP goes to adult land

This is a sad story but it also makes me laugh. A classic bedtime tale that will but even the most resolute insomniacs drift into dream.
>>
You can have kids. That's an adventure of the size you never experienced before.
>>
>>16944622
i'm pretty sure having kids would forever kill the possibility for adventures OP wants
>>
>>16944275

I'm with you, OP. I'm also 29. I just force myself to keep active and meet new and refreshing people as much as possible. Life has slowed down, but I'm fighting the good fight. Traveling has helped some, and finding like minded people that aren't content with just sitting in their fucking apartments with a glass of Merlot while the slow cooker finished their bland meal has helped.

Move out to Vegas. We'll party. I don't plan on letting this ride end anytime soon.
>>
>>16944449
>OP is obviously male
>>
Ok how do i ask out a girl
>>
>>16944625
But it's the adenture that fits the age. Partying, traveling and sex doesn't cut it anymore after a while.
>>
>>16944689
why not?
>>
>>16944690
Because after a while you saw it all. Getting shitfaced and do stupid things is going to get boring after the n'th time. You can have the most adventurous sex, it will always leave you feel lonely and empty when there's no substance to it. You can go visit places and see awesome stuff, but someday you should really learn to value "home" more than always new, always different, always on the run. It's a sign of immaturity. You see, building your own safe haven can possibly be the most exciting and frightening leaph of fait you will ever make. It might sound boring to twenty-somethings to get married, have kids, build a home and all that shabang. But when you are there, on the edge of actually do thise things, you will feel the rush, promised.
>>
>>16944716
idk man, i just know i'm never having kids. it's not that kids seem boring, i just can't stand them. why is traveling considered a sign of immaturity?
>>
>>16944275
Nope, I missed out on all the fun stuff when I was young. I know it's all over for me, that ship has sailed.

All you can do is move on, and appreciate your life now, before that too gets old.
>>
>drugs
>drugs
>drugs
all I could read in the OP, stop geing a faggot for once and grow the fuck up. Jesus fuck druggies are annoying.
>>
>>16944721
You see, nobody truly likes kids of other people. That's because you only see the annoyance they bring. You get nothing in return for the screaming, nagging and pants shitting. So you think you don't like kids. But consciously deciding to create a mini-version of you and the person you love most is a whole different story. The unbelievable (and uncalled for...) pride you feel by just holding your own flesh and blood is overwhelming. Yep, they will annoy the shit out of you some days. But the whole process of going trough those nights spent rocking a screaming baby, soiled shirts and exhausted mid-day naps is one of those challenges that REALLY gets a relationship to the next level. If you have a strong enough relationship to get trough this without growing appart you will find new ground you never thought was even possible. Granted, lots of couples fail horribly at that point, but they failed much sooner. They failed in working on themselfe in their 20's. They failed to make a good decision on who they want to spend the rest of their lifes with, and so on. It's not the kids that are the prob. It's the fact that the relationships foundation was shaky to begin with. The kids just unearthed this.
Seeing your kids grown up to be well-rounded and happy humans fills one with content never experienced before. It's hard work. It will bring you to your limits unfailingly. But what else do you call an adventure? You want to feel your limits, right? Broaden your mind? Feel excited, full of life, maybe a bit scared, just enough to still enjoy it. Get to know how you act under pressure. Get to see if your friendships and relationships can endure tension and strain and let it bring you even closer. You want to create memories. You want to laugh, cry, be exhausted, overwhelmed with love, shake with fury. just get as much emotions out of life as possible. Kids are just perfect for that. It strips you bare and exposes how awesome and awefulle you really are.
>>
>>16944761
Sounds real nice and all until you remember there are people out there that leave their kids buckled up in their car seats until the infections from their defecations kill them.

Before you lash out
>have a kid
>would suggest anyone who wants kids to take the leap
>stay the FUCK away if you don't want them

There's enough humans on earth already. Let alone abandoned kids.
>>
>>16944784
Have you even read my post dude? I wasn't talking about rednecks.
I was talking about humans with a somewhat balanced mind finding that things that felt adventurous suddenly feel bland and boring. And my point is that you outgrow certain "exciting adventures" and that would be the point to consider having kids FOR EXAMPLE. you didn't skimp over the part where i said that people who fail to work on themselfe early on usually also fail as parents. Every "Wasn't able to ensure that my kid even gets out alive"-parent doesn't even come close to being a functioning human. And pls... Let's not go to the "overpopulation"-meme. If that's going to be your argument then you have to cancel every thing you do. Traveling? You ever heard about how much it pollutes the air to fly a plane? Just don't go down that road anon. It's not going to help in any way
>>
>>16944816
Traveling > shitting out kids..
Butthurt parent detected. Not everybody wants to breed . Some people have actual aspirations and hobbies.

It's pretty ignorant to not respect the fact that some people simply don't want kids.
>>
>>16944834
I never said i don't respect that decision. Some people stay stuck in being 20somethings mentally. That's alright. They don't bother me, so why should i bother them.
>>
>>16944845
Because calling it a "20somethings mentality" is fucking insulting. You're selling parenthood well, but your word choice comes off as dismissive to those who choose not to reproduce.
>>
I think you're unsatisfied with your career choice op. If it doesn't pay enough to enable you to do what you want, and it isn't what you want then why are you there? Why spend the one life you have at a job you're meh about if it doesn't even let you do things you're excited about?
>>
File: donaldducksomad.jpg (32KB, 639x480px) Image search: [Google]
donaldducksomad.jpg
32KB, 639x480px
>>16944876

Saying that calling it a "20somethings mentality" is fucking insulting, is fucking insulting to 20somethings.
>>
>>16944891
So...We agree.
>>
>>16944449
not what your mama said last night :D
>>
>>16944816
You're talking to a 29 years old manchild who never outgrew highschool. Don't bother explaining him the importance of establishing a family. He still thinks that hobbies/career and having children are mutually exclusive so what do you expect?
>>
>>16944275
I guess you don't take pleasure in learning new things. Expanding your knowledge, in any domain of expertise is what will deepen your understanding of what surrounds you. It is not the reality which is boring, it is you who didn't learn how to unveil its wealth.

TL;DR: Read and learn
>>
I feel you op

I'm 27 and every single day feels the same
>work about 11 hours
>gym
>cook spend time with gf
>sex

The only break is when I go put traveling
>>
grow up

It sounds like you just miss having fellow junkies to do drugs with desu.
You're probably closer to one of those "rock bottom" people than you think- or atleast that's how people who have their shit together see you.

If I were you I'd lose the drugs and pick up some more hobbies/interests. Start going to the gym more frequently, volunteer, join a club- whatever.
>>
I turn 40 this year and haven't lost my spontaneousness or sense of adventure at all. Pretty much the opposite actually. The one big difference is that I now have income to spend on whatever I want, while as a student everything is limited by budget.
>>
>>16945116
Good reading comprehension. I have a two year old son that I love endlessly.

>>16944816
Sorry to inform you that there are as many neglected children in rich families as there are in poor ones. Granted my example wasn't the best one.
But you have to accept that there are well adjusted, intelligent adults, that are incapable of raising kids.
>>
>>16944275
Nope. It's all just work, pay bills, sleep, repeat. Fucking rent
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.