[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /adv/, I'm trying to escape my NEET-dom and become

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1458374360062.jpg (146KB, 600x817px) Image search: [Google]
1458374360062.jpg
146KB, 600x817px
Hello /adv/, I'm trying to escape my NEET-dom and become a functioning of member of society, and I need your help.

I'm rearranging my references and narrowing them down to 5 individuals. I want to ask:

Should I include the most prestigious/highest ranking references, or the references that I worked more closely with, still are important individuals, but are less prestigious? The lower ranking references would provide a more fiery support for me, but don't look as immediately impressive as the big names.

Should I aim for a combination of both?

Thanks.
>>
If you are talking about references to your older jobs in curriculum vitae (google translator gave me this) than you include 1 person per 1 job. You use the person which was your closes boss who actually knows what have you done.

Also make sure they know you put them as reference persons so they aren't surprised if anybody ever contacts them.
>>
>>16943167
They all know and are comfortable with being my references.

I've only had 1 job and 1 internship.

My issue is that the people who know what I did the best + Are most enthusiastic about me are in so much lower positions than some of other references, who are in drastically higher positions but don't know me as well.

That's my conundrum.
>>
Some jobs ask for 3 some ask for 5..

I typically give my supervisor and their supervisor. If i am limited in the number of references i can include I give the person who knows me better.

It also depends on the job I'm applying for as I've worked for two completely different organizations
>>
>>16944172

A lot of the organizations I apply to use electronic sorting systems, so I can't ask in advance.

It sucks not being able to tailor your letter to the recipient.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.