[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am too depressed to make a very long detailed thread. Here

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: uzLrg2P.png (18KB, 509x411px) Image search: [Google]
uzLrg2P.png
18KB, 509x411px
I am too depressed to make a very long detailed thread. Here is how it works.

I am 30 years old and alone. Parents died a long time ago, no siblings. No friends other than a few colleagues. No girlfriend. The last part hits the hardest. It has been a couple of years ever since I had a stable relationship. I am lonely and crave for some affection.

Want to know the reason that girls are apalled by me? It's the same reason why my last girlfriend broke up with me. I own a funeral house.

Yep that's right. I inherited a funeral house (or however you call them) from my uncle some years ago. You might think to yourselves: "so what?". Well I live in Greece, so it is possible that we have different cultures. The majority of people are superstitious here. To the point where they might even avoid looking at the general direction of me or my employees. As if this wasn't bad enough, people who work as such places are casually called as "grave diggers" or "dead men carriers". I don't know if you have a similar saying. What I know is that nobody wants to have a "grave digger" or a "dead men carrier" husband/boyfriend. Oh boy, if only I could count the disgusted amount of faces when I say them what my job is...

Abandoning the business is out of the question. Neither do I feel comfortable with lying about my job.

Help.
>>
Find a girl that has an affiliation with morbidity. Maybe a girl that's in the business herself? Or find a foreign girl that's not as stuck up.
>>
Can't you find a qtpie undertaker waifu?
>>
>>16942503
Forgot pic.
>>
If your dad could find a woman so could you anon.

You just need a girl who isn't a normie, look up paranormal clubs or something.
>>
>>16942503
>>16942502
>undertaker
yes, that was the equivalent word i was looking for. that's quite a mindset that i didn't thought of, but most people working at this sector are either males or old enough to be married.

even if i found a free girl near my age, there is no guarantee that i will definitely like her looks or her personality. in other words, you are asking me adding a filter from 100% of the suitable woman population to 0,01%. i hope you can understand my position.
>>
Yeah that's an unusual situation.

Your demeanor probably plays a big part of it. Do you come across as a local business owner with a job that requires empathy, or do you come across as pic related?
>>
File: p4_0061_p05.jpg (25KB, 470x283px) Image search: [Google]
p4_0061_p05.jpg
25KB, 470x283px
>>16942533
Forgot pic again.
>>
>>16942527
Well, i think you can't also be TOO picky in your situation...
>>
Also, not just with your case but in general, it's probably easier to meet a girl if you have friends. Like you can try meeting a girl through them, or when you're out with them.
>>
>>16942520
my dad wasn't an undertaker anon. that would be my uncle. did i mention that he died childless and i inherited his business because of that?

>avoid normie girls
somewhat easier on theory than practice, since most "weird" girls end up having some fucked up past or mental disease.

my last girlfriend (that i still miss) was a bit close to what you described, but her family and friends kept pestering her about dating an undertaker and she couldn't take it. ended up choosing them over me.
>>
>>16942543
i'm content with the friends i already have. not social or motivated enough to go out and find more. and it's not like i am shallow enough to befriend people just to see if they can get me laid.
>>16942533
bro, if you didn't know about my job, i am as normal as it can get. i contain my spaghetti, i never say politically incorrect opinions even though i have a lot of them, i am clean and hygenic. it is the second i announce my job that their whole world crumbles.
>>
File: victorian-goth-305x400.jpg (34KB, 305x400px) Image search: [Google]
victorian-goth-305x400.jpg
34KB, 305x400px
>Abandoning the business is out of the question.
> that would be my uncle. did i mention that he died childless and i inherited his business because of that?

OP why can't you try and sell it?

Also, stupid question maybe, but is there some way you can use the internet to anonymously contact other people with similar jobs and ask how they do it?
>>
>>16942538
>TOO picky
that's not a healthy mindset. i want to find a companion that i love to spend my life (or some of it) with. it's not like i want to find a girl and be done with it.
>>
>>16942556
>i am as normal as it can get
Well that's good at least. Could you try to just, like, make friends with girls? And once they get to know you, then they might not care that you're a funeral director.

>i'm content with the friends i already have. not social or motivated enough to go out and find more. and it's not like i am shallow enough to befriend people just to see if they can get me laid.
Okay, but I mean usually the dating advice I see for people without many friends is to just meet people. Some of them will be girls. It doesn't have to be primarily to get laid.
>>
>>16942559
man, having my own comfy business was always my aspiration. and i finally have it. you can't imagine how good it feels waking up in the morning, having something to look forward to, working with people that you respect, feeling that you are useful... no i am not just being greedy. in greece the economy is fucked up. unemployment reaches 40%. i was constantly stressed back then, nobody can afford to be a neet here.

of course, i had no fucking idea how much this would change my life when it comes to relationships. and BELIEVE ME, the fact that most of my family is dead does not help at all.
>>
>>16942576
i tried using a dating app. this is how it worked out.

>profile mentions that i am a gravedigger
only 2 girls respond within the course of a month. first one ended up being a sloot who just wanted to hook up. second one doesn't show up at the date.

>profile doesn't mention it
"so anon, do you have a job?"
"i own a funeral house"
"oh i got to go. later"
>>
>>16942583
Well fuck.

But you don't have to quit immediately, like you could look around and see if there are any other jobs you like, and then sell the funeral home when you've found a different job. I have no idea how practical that is though, I've never run a business.

Do you meet a lot of girls? Like maybe it's just a numbers thing, the more you meet the more likely you'll find someone who doesn't dislike your business.
>>
>>16942609
>dating app
I think you might be better off meeting girls in person. They'll be able to tell you're just a normal guy and not morbid or anything, and I can't imagine many people would get up and leave just because you said you're a funeral director. Even if their knee-jerk reaction is that it's a turn-off, you can keep talking to each other and her reaction might go away.
>>
>>16942609
Weird. In the US, I guarantee no one would care. If they did, people would probaby consider them weird for finding someone who *owns* their own business unattractive because they take care of the dead.
>>
Owning your own business and having a fulfilling career is a major asset, anon. Someone above mentioned that it could be how you're approaching the situation as a whole, and I think that's a good start. Maybe try framing the description of your job differently, stressing the business and empathy side of it; as in, you work primarily with the living, with families, ensuring that people receive ethical and compassionate treatment so as to facilitate the grieving process. Giving people comfort and closure is one side of the job that isn't stressed enough.

Basically, though, it's a conversation to have once you know someone a little better, so that they will actually listen to you and consider what you're saying. If and when you do have the discussion, make sure it's in an environment where you'll have the chance to qualify your thoughts and fully express yourself.

Hope it works out for you, anon.
>>
>>16942618
>Do you meet a lot of girls
you mean on the job? like customers? obviously, but you can imagine how undecent it would be to try and hook up with someone dressed in black, who wants to arrange a funeral for a loved one
>>
>>16942474
your circumstance is unique, might as well play the mysterious angle. Perhaps read some books about philosophy and theology and join a book club ?
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 460x653px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 460x653px
You need pic related in your life. You need to put the "fun" back into "funeral".
>>
I don't think most of us have the perspective necessary to understand OP's predicament, if Greek culture is as superstitious as it sounds.

In the US, an undertaker would probably draw a few nervous jokes, but the second you said "I own a profitable business with multiple employees and I want to start a family" every pair of panties in the room would be soaked.

Really OP, maybe you should look outside of your immediate culture. Can't EU citizens pretty much live wherever?
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 540x720px
>>16942556
>I-I contain my spaghetti
>?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.