[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need to convince one of my closest friends to not make a dumb

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMAG0282.jpg (1MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0282.jpg
1MB, 1520x2688px
I need to convince one of my closest friends to not make a dumb decision.

>been down this road with her many times.
Before everyone jumps the gun here, I am not secretly in love with her or anything like that.
> I've known her since we were like 12 y/o
>that's more then half my life, so I care about her wellbeing.

Anyways to the issue:
>In our early 20's she got together with this guy.
>at first he seemed like a nice person
>we became good friends, me and him even.
>He stayed the good guy for about a year then he slowly started to change into a big asshole.
>she still stayed with him for a pretty long time, hoping he'd change back I guess.
>He never did
>So eventually they split.
Over the next 4 years or something she's been going back to this guy, only to realize he's a giant asshole and breaking up again and again and again and again.
So... It just happened again!
>a few days ago she told me they were back together again "This time it's going better" - Pff, she's said that and similiar things the other 1356654 times too.

I wouldn't care unless she did, she's still madly in love with the guy he was for the first year and instead of moving the fuck on she's trying to force it to work>ends up sad and depressed every time.

>I've tried talking with her about it but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

Any advice on how to get her to listen?
>>
Anyone alive out there?
>>
Is she running back to you to do the emotional labor he won't?

Stop doing that. That would be a good start in all ways incl splitting them up.
>>
The only thing you can do, as she's a grownup, is to remove yourself from the situation.
>don't listen to her bitch about him
>don't participate in her life when he's in it

As above, if you are carrying her emotionally, why wouldn't she go back to him? She gets physical interaction with him and emotional from you.
>>
>>16941732
>>16941742
I don't know.
I'm just friendly, I listen to her bitch and try to advice her.
But we know eachother so well so a lot of people think we're together so it may very well be the case.
>>
>>16941749
If you care about yourself, stop doing things that are indirectly making you unhappy

If you care about her, stop propping up a bad relationship and perhaps he will seem less appealing. Don't be a dick just change the subject when she asks for /adv/. If she confronts you on it just say you aren't interested in talking about that, or that you've said your piece

It's up to her who she dates. It is up to you what your boundaries are. The only overlap is if your boundaries are vital to their relationship.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.