[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not having a good day, /adv/. I was diagnosed with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: fuck.png (173KB, 357x268px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
173KB, 357x268px
I'm not having a good day, /adv/.

I was diagnosed with bowel cancer a while back and the surgeries only stopped last year.
The shit thing is, having studied human biochemistry at uni, I know my risk for secondary, tertiary, quaternary, etc. cancers is decently above-average now. A secondary cancer is all but certain.

I've been feeling pretty down about it lately for some reason, and today it hit me that this was just the fucking tutorial. The next one I get is going to be in the middle of a career, and the one after that will be even further along in that career. It was fucking hard enough dealing with bowel cancer - one of the easiest cancers to treat - during university. I'm really not feeling great about having to deal with a harder one when I have even more to lose.

Tl;dr things are okay now, but I know they won't be later.
>>
I neglected to mention I was 21 at the initial diagnosis. I'd wager I'll be lucky to make it to 50.

I just can't even right now, I'm not sure if that qualifies as asking for advice or not.

Please don't delete this thread.
>>
I feel kinda weird for replying to this as I feel like I have nothing to say about these matters, having not experienced cancer and all... It may sound stupid, but the only (and I guess best non-medical) advice I can give you is to 'hang on' and don't give up!

I probably don't have to tell you, but cancer is a constant battle, if you don't fight the cancer, it will fight you and you will lose. But if you resist it, you might be able to live your while and get some nice things out of it.

I can give you the example of my grandma:
She was like 80 when my mom discovered she had cancer (there was a huge tumor erupting from her belly). After some scans they found out it was pretty much all over so it was hard to say where it started. Doctors estimated she had been suffering some form of cancer for at least 20 years. Yes... 20 fucking years. Nobody in the family knew she had this, she never spoke about it or showed any kind of pain to anyone. After they found out they started chemo/radiation therapy but of course it was basically useless... the only thing they could do was extend her life. So this went on for a year or 2 and after that she was kinda too weak to continue and returned home. It was evident she would die soon, so one night when she felt extremely bad we all gathered to my grandparents' home. All her children were there, like exchanging their last words, sharing good moments, saying hopeful things. everybody was there, except for my uncle, who was in Romania at the time.

apparently her wish to see everybody before she died was so strong that she managed to survive that night. She even lived on for another half year, until EVERYBODY in the family could be with her and say goodbye. So eventualyl she died in a care-home with her whole family besides her. It's probably the most romantic death I have ever experienced.

So, sorry for the long story... now my comment is too long, get ready for the second one :P
>>
>>16941588
so... my point is:

Set some goals in your life, some things you want/have to do and just go for them. Don't let your health/disease get into your way. Resist it even though it is harsh and get some support (your family/friends) if you feel like you need it.

If you start losing hope/giving up it will get you, so please don't. Now you even don't know what will happen, cherish life as long as you can man! If you let the cancer/fear of cancer rule your life, it will get you. So never give up!

I hope these words helped you a bit. Anyway good luck in your life and I hope you will remain healthy :).
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.