[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >parents want to move to Australia >I am citizen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: u9JKIaB.gif (88KB, 457x402px) Image search: [Google]
u9JKIaB.gif
88KB, 457x402px
>be me
>parents want to move to Australia
>I am citizen cause mom was originally from there
>Idontknowhowtofeelaboutthis
>go with them
>get here
>regret it immensely
>want to move back to America
>holy fuck Melbourne's job market sucks
>120+ apps and I only have one lead
>This one place seemed promising
>more than a month after interview
>they were missing a couple pieces of information
>they've been contacting me for a while
>Giving them the information whenever possible

So, does this mean they want to hire me? I had an interview with them more than a month ago and I haven't heard anything like "your application has been rejected"; they're contacting me on a semi-consistent basis.
>>
>>16941534
What are your qualifications and whats your experience? Do you have a university degree or any training etc?
>>
As a native Melbournian, it's pretty common to be applying to multiple jobs at once until you get a definite yes.
Don't hold your breath, keep applying to places.
>>
>>16941556
I only had about five months of retail experience back in the US when I got a job straight out of high school. I had to quit the job because of the move to Australia.
Other than that, no degrees or anything special.
>>16941557
You familiar with Serco mate?
>>
>>16941561
>moves to Australia
>starts saying mate

We also use cunt a lot, if they say in the interview you're a shit cunt = bad. Sick cunt = good.
>>
>>16941565
I already said cunt a good amount before even getting here.
My American accent will probably never go away though.
>>
Hey OP what kind of job are you looking for? I'm from Melbourne and hiring people soon
>>
>>16941571
Anything I can possibly get. I don't care what it is I just want a job. I'll probably remain in Australia until sometime next year.
>>
>>16941561
Oh man, move to darwin and work at serco.

They have to deal with the asylum seaker niggers

I knew a guy named dave that worked for them he was getting $40 AUD an hour and working constant shifts. He said he occasionally banks just under $4 k a fortnight because of the shit he had to deal with and the shortness of staff.
>>
>>16941609
Nah, I'm going for the Boxhill location.
They're the ones that are still bothering to contact me because they were missing some information from me. I really, really hope they want me and that this isn't going to just be a giant waste of time.
>>
>>16941614
If you don't stop fucking them around it will be a waste of time. Get them the info you daft cunt.
>>
>>16941620
I am not fucking them around, they literally wouldn't take a utility bill because it was addressed to my father.
I'm getting a bank statement from my bank and then that's the last bit of shit they need.
>>
>>16941614
They really needed workers in darwin last I heard

Ask about it, say a friend said there was a shortage in Darwin.

If you willing to go they might put you up. Fuck melbourne it's depressing
>>
>>16941629
How far away is Darwin? I'm in Templestowe specifically.
>>
>>16941635
...the northern territory
You are far far away from it
>>
>>16941534
It's not Australia that's bad, it's the shit cunt data collectors posing as recruitment firms.
Better to walk into a place and hand them your resume after having a chat with staff.
>>
bampo
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.