[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do I need to know about buying an Apartment?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Please help me.
I'm very far from being able to afford an apartment, but I really don't want to buy one and be completely disappointed or have to move back in with my family.
What do I need to know that people normally don't know?
I understand I must bring my own furniture for basically everything (except a stove, sink, fridge, toilet and so on).
And some come with A/C and heating? I always see banners out exclaiming, 'we have heat! We have a/c!"
What about cable? (Never had it, dont know lick about it)
What about internet? (Im also pretty stupid. I know there's some shit about a motem and a router)
Any secrets you think I should know about owning apartments?
Tell me anything about it.
Please, I'd really appriciate it
>>
I almost passed you up op, but I felt bad. I got my first apartment when I was 17 so I have some tips...
Apartments aren't crazy complicated.
If you live near universities they get a lot cheaper especially with roommates.
My first apartment I paid $240 a month including utilities aka water, heat, ac, electricity.
That apartment came with wireless Internet and furnished so all I had to bring was bed sheets and whatever.
Some apartments won't come furnished and they might be a little cheaper that way
Work yourself up to furniture. You can live without a couch, or get a futon and live without a bed.
Generally apartments will help you set up your Internet if they are decent too.
You just need a modem and an Ethernet cable to hook it up and it's all online from there.
Do you have any specific questions?
There is a lot of budgeting involved if you really want to make an apartment work.
You need to account for food, emergencies and whatever when deciding how much you can afford for rent...
After you get a realistic budget it honestly gets easier from there.
And once you get your own place you'll be so free. I'm excited for you haha.
>>
>>16940849
Thanks a lot for answering! Honestly wouldn't have blamed you for ignoring me lol.
I have a massive list of practically all the utensils i would need. Toothpaste, silverware, shampoo, etc.
my biggest concern is that the apartment renters will 'hide the truth ' from me. Or pull the crap a car salesman will pull.
They would tell me stuff upfront right?
>>
>>16940872
>my biggest concern is that the apartment renters will 'hide the truth ' from me.
About fucking what? An apartment is a sink, dishwasher, AC unit, four walls and a roof. If any of them breaks you call the maintenance guy or fix it yourself.

t. renter
>>
>>16940913
I don't know.
I don't even understand technology fully lol
Thanks though
>>
>>16940700
>buying an apartment
>renting anything
anon pls
>>
>>16940960
Yes pls
I am quite ignorant when it comes to the outside world and how to function as an independent adult.
>>
>>16940913
This. Make sure to do it asap so the problem doesn't get worse. Basically don't break anything that isn't yours, and if something does break then repair it yourself, or preferably report it to the staff. Also maintain a good relationship with the staff. Try to at least meet your neighbors and if possible keep them on your good side. Make sure to get mail sent to the office so they can hold it for you. If a neighbor is noisy, go to them first before going to the staff for help. Also try to get one away from college campuses and dangerous communities.

Can't think of much else. Lived in an apartment for 3 years, living in another one right now. First one was near college when I was a student. It was so shitty, even though the units themselves were fine. The inconsiderate college frat assholes ruined the experience though. The one I'm in now is mostly families, so it's much nicer and quieter.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.