[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Canada's border and Felony DUI

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: booze-keys.jpg (46KB, 550x334px) Image search: [Google]
booze-keys.jpg
46KB, 550x334px
My friend was caught up in court for a felony DUI about a year or two ago, something her work was not aware of. Due to some legislative issues and a good lawyer, she was able to get this downgraded to wreckless driving/a misdemeanor DUI (I'm not sure exactly which).

Work is sending her to Canada later this week, and she may be turned around at customs for said DUI. If she gets turned around, she will most certainly be fired.

The thing is, her felony DUI is still on the books for the next 3 years - if she breaks any law more extreme than a parking ticket, the full felony DUI will kick in, meaning months in prison and all of the bad things that go with it. If she completes that time, the records are sealed as a wreckless driving.

How boned is she?
>>
Did 'your friend' disclose what happened to her to her employer? Because if she didn't, it's really her own fault.
>>
>>16939062

She did not. And it really is my friend. I'm not this stupid. (read: stupid enough to get a felony DUI and especially not too stupid to not speak up when my involvement in a project means I'm putting at risk a project that would severely stunt the company's growth).
>>
>>16939074
Then she's likely to get fired if she's turned away at the border. Hopefully she'll learn from her mistakes.
>>
>>16939087

Yeah, I mean, that's not news to me. I'm more hoping someone who's dealt with this on either side of the border can chime in with anything she might be able to do, or how much they'll dig on someone coming in for a couple day business trip.
>>
>>16939097
Well I'm not the right person for that. I do suggest that she tells her employer about what happened and see if she can step down so someone else can take the trip just in case instead.
>>
>>16939101

It's way too late for that - the flight leaves on Tuesday, and there isn't anyone else in her department.
>>
>>16939116
Then she's just going to have to pray that nothing goes wrong. Like I said, I hope she learns from her mistakes.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.