[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me leave?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1458365428573.png (487KB, 582x420px) Image search: [Google]
1458365428573.png
487KB, 582x420px
Where else do I go but here, /adv/?
I fucking hate the person this place is turning me into. Nobody likes cynical and bitter. I'm trying to cut everywhere but /co/ and /wsg/ out if my life but I find myself wanting to come back here again and again. where else can I go? I seek answers and advice in my life but with all other outlets (friends) I feel like I'm being lied to. Is there anywhere similar but not as cancerous?
>>
>>16938772

I mean this with all sincerity, maybe Reddit? The predominant anonymity here makes it easier for people to be dicks, or just come here to troll. And all of our trips here are trolls.

I agree that /adv/ is pretty negative these days, so I just try to stick to giving advice.
>>
File: z0F4m.png (63KB, 578x547px) Image search: [Google]
z0F4m.png
63KB, 578x547px
>>16938792
I browse(d) both reddit and 4chan. Trust me, reddit is almost just as bad. There's nowhere you can go for general advice like there is here, so it makes dealing with semi-complex stuff a hassle. Plus, a lot of them, especially the top comments, tend to be blue-pill but highly appealing type answers. Not even blue pill in the traditional sense, just naive and not critical of the situation.
>>
File: 1458368287997.png (54KB, 239x236px) Image search: [Google]
1458368287997.png
54KB, 239x236px
I feel like I want the truth, but without having experiences to back it up I can't tell who's lying to me or not, even in real life.
>>
bumping, please
>>
>>16938772
Find ways to kill time that don't involve reading the typed self-loathing of failed human beings. Go hunting or paint your house.
>>
>>16938895
I'm at uni. Probably going to try finishing Guadalcanal Diary I guess
>>
what's the problem? you just filter out the answers you like like everybody else.
>>
>>16938914
I *do* do that, but it's self destructive because of my already pretty cynical nature.
>>
>>16938930
how do you define cynical?
i don't know. i like /adv/. it's always nice for some brutal reality check. it's up to you what you take with you. i don't think /adv/ is inherently cynical, bitter or cancerous. there might be some r9k leakage, but you can easily read over those comments. i usually get pretty based help here.
>>
Stop thinking a life on a computer is a life well lived.
Just go out, do some real things, have some actual experiences
>>
>>16938955
Like, I can't be very optimistic here mainly because of the "brutal reality check". A lot of my problems tend to revolve around social ineptitude and lack of relationship experience, and since I tend to have a low self esteem, meaning I lack a lot of qualities to be successful it that sense, I tend to get depressed from coming here. But it's a double edged sword because I still do want the truth.
>>
>>16938982
I come here on my phone in between classes. I'm not a neet, I still get out
>>
>>16938986
well, sugarcoating isn't going to help you. if somebody points out the truth, you can either give up and feel depressed or see it as a change to better yourself. entirely your choice
>>
>>16938996
See, I am trying to improve myself, but I have negative thoughts when I encounter these harsh truths because I feel like I'm too far gone.
>>
>>16939028
nobody is too far gone. there's always room for imporvement. babysteps.
however, care to elaborat why you think you are "too far gone"?
>>
>>16939079
I'm really probably not, I'm just emotionally/socially stunted which is one of the hardest things to change
>>
>>16939106
>emotionally/socially stunted
most people are if you get to know them a bit better.
what are your biggest things to overcome?
>>
>>16939134
Talking to women. I tend to make friends pretty easily, but I tend to be focused on not fucking up most of the time/being "desirable" that I act not like myself or like an emotionless golem. I don't really like the person I am but attempting to be someone else is not a good solution.
>>
>>16939186
>that I act not like myself
well, if a girl can read people in the slightest she will know and it will be a bigger turn-off than showeing your true self. i mean, there couldn't be anything "you" are that is so bad it would really turn everybody away. give me an example of what you think you need to hide from a girl you want to get interested in you.
my bf is assertive and social at first glance. but i knew the second i met him that he is acctually awkward and introverted. good thing is that i'm like that myself, even if it might not seem like it. so this was an something that made me like him even more. your "flawy" don't need to be a turn-off. they make you human and loveable.
>>
>>16938772
hey now
im bitter and cynical, and i do alright
>>
You need to stop going online whenever you have a question about life. Sit and think about it urself. for many years ive been finding my answers online to life's questions but in reality most of these question can only be answered by urself. Constantly doing this has caused me to be molded by other's opinions and caused me to stop being myself and also caused me to compare myself to others. sit in a quiet place and think 4 urself.
>>
>>16938772
stop beleiving everything you read.
if you get all your information from the computer instead of IRL how do you know for a fact that it is real? remember people DO lie on the internet. use your better judgement thats what it was given to you for.

ok lets put it this way: its like reading about the most perfect delcious sandwich you will ever eat. but not taking a bite of it and trying it for yourself. how can you win (at life) if you dont try?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.