[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, /adv/ I need some opinions. I called in sick to work the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1451665201350.jpg (33KB, 401x485px) Image search: [Google]
1451665201350.jpg
33KB, 401x485px
Okay, /adv/ I need some opinions. I called in sick to work the past two days to go to a con. I thought I had work at 3pm tomorrow so I wasn't worried but I'm actually scheduled to work a double shift starting at 11am. Now this poses a huge issue since if I'd known that normally I'd have been in bed fucking hours ago. But anyway the issue is this; can I get away with calling in a third day tomorrow? I don't think it's too unrealistic for someone to be sick for three days. On top of this I've only called in sick one other time in the past three months and I really was sick. I'm the only person there who can do my job now though.

All our other employees quit and it's down to me and a new guy who can work. Granted we're just making pizza, pasta, and such but when we get busy we would be a little strapped to keep up with four people working. I feel like because of this fact there is a really good chance she wont fire me because she's kind of fucked after literally every one else quit because they hate her. Except one guy who was fired for calling in sick to many weekends. But to be fair those are all different weekends which is much weirder than one consecutive set of days that just so happen to be on a weekend.

Thanks for your time guys.
>>
Also I'd need to wake up in six hours to go and I'm wiped the fuck out from the con.
>>
>>16937614
Do your work you lazy faggot.
>>
I don't know the policy where you work, but if you're calling in sick for three or more days where I work, you need a doctor's note.

> I don't think it's too unrealistic for someone to be sick for three days.
It's not, but if you were that sick, you'd have gone to the doctor

>On top of this I've only called in sick one other time in the past three months and I really was sick.
Once in three months is not infrequent. It's been years since I last called in sick. If you think that they should be more lenient because you've only been sick once in a mere three months, then you're mistaken.
>>
>>16937614
It's fucking pizza. Get some cocaine and pound it out.
>>
>>16937639
I agree with the idea, but you can also do it without cocaine, for the record. If anyone calls your performance sketchy just say you couldn't sleep because your ailment was keeping you up. It'll be a bit shitty, but get through it and you're good.

Plus, you said you have 6 hours? Come on you twat, catch some zz's and then get your ass in there.
>>
>>16937638
This is true. I may be able to get a note but I'm not sure. I also don't know if the frequency of sick days would be rated the same way since it doesn't seem like most people work here for more than a few months before quitting.

>>16937639
I'm gonna have to pass on the cocaine. Normally I would just pound it out but holy fuck I'm tired as fuck and don't feel like working a double.

>>16937644
Yeah I feel you. Maybe I should just go and do what I can and say fuck it. But considering it's just me for the first like five fucking hours I'm not going to be allowed to go too slow. 6 hours and 23 minutes right now.

I probably should have mentioned this but I felt pretty fucking awful when I woke up this morning and almost didn't go to the con or work because of how my stomach felt (which is sketchy since I used my stomach as my excuse) and I ended up being nauseous towards the end of the night. I really have no idea how I'm going to feel when I do wake up. I might actually really be sick. But if that happens I guess I'd be able to get a real doctor's note.

If I don't reply again (I might) know that I am reading all the replies. I have my phone laying next to me where I can just turn my head and look while I get comfy here in bed trying to decide if I want to sleep yet (or just pass out).
>>
>>16937644
It's fucking pizza. Why make it sober?
>>
>>16937614
Oh what tangled webs we weave
When first we practice to deceive.

You got yourself into this mess. You get yourself out. No sympathy here.
>>
I routinely go to work with at most 4 hours sleep. It sucks but properties man, set some. I am busy all the time with stuff to do outside work and most often its my sleep i sacrifice to get stuff done.
>>
>>16937614
#1 - there are thousands of people out there that would love to have your job. You are replaceable.

#2 - if you have to lie and call in sick then you really don't respect your employer.

I say do what you feel and if you get fired, who cares? Find a better job.
>>
Op I hope you don't plan on ever having kids

If I could get 5-6 hrs of sleep before work more than once a month I'd be living the dream
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.