[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why am I so lazy, /adv/? I can't be bothered to do anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: 1358405285097.gif (3MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1358405285097.gif
3MB, 500x281px
Why am I so lazy, /adv/? I can't be bothered to do anything aside from lying around in my bed, there are even shows I really want to watch and vidya I really want to play, but can't get my lazy ass up to do that. People say that means I don't really like them, but I've been doing literally NOTHING but lying on bed browsing 4chan.

It's not that I feel life doesn't have anything to offer me, but for some reason I just can't be arsed to do anything.
>>
Could you get a site blocker that specifically blocks 4chan for the peak hours of the day and night (free and sleep times)? Is that possible
>>
I feel ya OP. Most of the time I just lay in bed. I'm depressed sure, but I'm not even tired. I'll just lay there because getting up is too hard.
>>
File: 1415664864215.gif (514KB, 431x450px) Image search: [Google]
1415664864215.gif
514KB, 431x450px
>>16937550
>>16937624

I've been and still am in your shoes in many ways. Read this book (or as a lazy person you might want to do as I did and listen to the audiobook): The Confidence Gap by Russ Harris.

> pic related

It will give you some useful ways of thinking about things. I'd also recommend you only spend your energy gazing at successful people and emulate them (fake it till you make it, more or less). I like listening to Mike Cernovich's podcast and reading his articles. I like to look at what successful people around me do and just do what they do even though it feels as if it sucks as I'm doing it (it feels less sucky for each time, now it almost feels good).

You know what I found made me the most lazy? Being lazy. 4chan isn't your problem - it is merely a symptom. Do one thing which isn't lazy: buy/torrent the book I recommended and listen/read it all the way through.

> About me

Failed high school, been NEET for about 6 months now and am in debt. Got disavowed by my mother with whom I live and I'm about to get kicked out. Been suicidal with anxiety attacks the past few months but decided to get my act together instead using the tips I gave you. Just scored a one month test period for a job as a social marketing and web shop coordinator for a high-end electronics store, been working out for two weeks (but I can't afford a gym card yet) and I am slowly but surely getting what we commonly refer to as "discipline".
>>
>>16937900

My pic related wasn't very related at all. Well, somewhat perhaps - to me at least.
>>
There are two reasons you might feel as you do. A therapist can help you determine which if you can't figure it out on your own.
1) You're a lazy mother fucker who needs a couple of head smacks and a swift kick. Join the military.
2) You have clinical depression (a physical illness) that requires medication (such as Lexapro) and therapy.
>>
>>16937571
I can but I don't think 4chan is the problem.

>>16937624
You know that feel, the bed almost sticks to my body.

>>16937900
>>16937902
Thank you very much for the recommendation anon, I'll definitely get the audiobook. I hope everything will continue changing for the better for you in life and I hope you can make up with your mother soon. I appreciate the help.

>>16938668
You may really be correct there anon, I just googled the clinical depression symptoms and I have most if not all of them,
>Difficulty concentrating, remembering details, and making decisions
>Fatigue and decreased energy
>Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, and/or helplessness
>Feelings of hopelessness and/or pessimism
Insomnia, early-morning wakefulness, or excessive sleeping
>Irritability, restlessness
>Loss of interest in activities or hobbies once pleasurable, including sex (not so much since I'm a 24 yo virgin)
>Overeating or appetite loss
>Persistent aches or pains, headaches, cramps, or digestive problems that do not ease even with treatment
>Persistent sad, anxious, or "empty" feelings
Thoughts of suicide, suicide attempts
>>
>>16938668
Could also be a medical condition. If you have a nutritional deficiency or any of a number of medical conditions, you could have very few symptoms other than a vague fatigue or malaise.

Honestly I would do >>16937900 and also go to the doc and see if they can rule out a medical condition. If there's nothing physically wrong with you, and you spend a month or two trying different methods to get motivated and it's just not going anywhere, then it might be time to get checked for depression.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.