[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Girlfriend doesn't approve of my humor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: donttalktome.png (134KB, 369x285px) Image search: [Google]
donttalktome.png
134KB, 369x285px
I made a joke during a game of cards against humanity that was related to a humorous topic my gf considers off-limits, which resulted in being given the silent treatment. Thoughts?
>>
What topic
>>
"It time, this too shall pass"
>>
Do not back down
You could apologise and avoid conflict, but with that you're limiting your humor to her standards. Can you rationalise that with yourself?
>>
come back when you've turned 18
>>
>CAH
Shiggy
>>
>>16937351
A filthy frank card came up, and I didn't wanna pass the opportunity

>>16937388
I didn't back down, and I managed to get her to warm up to me after a while. Did I do the right thing?
>>
Either everything is available to be made fun of, or nothing is.
There is no middle ground. Do not apologize. Do not bend to her BUT YOU UPSET ME bullshit. The point of the game is to be horrible and offensive, she knew that.
>>
>>16937421
>bitch gf not on board with papa franku

Leave her
>>
>>16937445
Everything is available to be made fun of IN CERTAIN SITUATIONS. For example, a racist joke is inappropriate in a room full of strangers, but in a room full of people that understand that it's a joke it's ok. I'm not sure why this particular topic is off-limits but maybe she has a valid reason.
>>
File: papa franku has news for you.gif (842KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
papa franku has news for you.gif
842KB, 480x270px
>>16937346
>humoring a slut offended by a card
>>
>>16937346
Why was she willing to play Cards Against Humanity if she didn't want to be offended? Call her a faggot.
>>
Respect her boundaries and don't make jokes about that topic when she's around.
>>
Sounds like you two aren't compatible. Dump her.
>>
>>16937635
When are you finally going to consider suicide? I think you're a little overdue.
>>
>>16938705
>one disagreement
>dump her

How do you even function in real life relationships
>>
Bitches who'll play faggot ass games like giving the silent treatment instead of talking about their probably dumb hangups should gtfo imo.
>>
I'm sure she will respect you for bowing to her and her oppinion of how people should behave. I'd explain it was a joke and if this was a pattern of controlling tests I'd either end the relationship or push the envelope.
>>
>>16938617
this this this this this this this

The whole point of the game is to be as absurd, offensive and gross as possible.
>>
>>16938746
I wouldn't get into a relationship with someone who couldn't handle my humor without becoming a megabitch in the first place. Unlike some people, I don't feel a particular need to be in a relationship with just anyone.
>>
Isn't the POINT of CAH that nothing is off-limits?

I can't stand prissy bitches myself.
>>
>get offended
>plays Cards Against Humanity
Dump the bitch, she's stupid and you clearly deserve someone more consistent with opinions and actions.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.