[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Context: I have been in a relationship for more than 6 years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (9KB, 188x268px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 188x268px
Context:
I have been in a relationship for more than 6 years now. It's sort of long distance since I am in college but I see him on all breaks and so on. I'm 24 and he's 23.

We are both needs I introduced him to comics we bought Civil War on our first date. He introduced me to podcasts. Blah blah blah.

I always accepted his gaming. I game too.

He forgets to call me and it can take 8 hours for him to respond to a text.( I just want to know he's alive once to twice a day.)
I don't want to be the nagging girlfreind who doesn't get it because I do. Normally if like a new game comes out this behavior fizzles out in a week. But it's been getting worse for a few years now. But now he doesn't want to have sex when I see him because he doesn't want to get off his Xbox.

Recently, it had been 4 months since we saw each other. We got a hotel room with a jacuzzi in it. I spent the night alone in the tub while he ignored me to play pokemon blue. He didnt do anythkng for me on Valintines Day. I feel so rejected and unwanted. It hurts so much I have spent 1/6 of my life with him and he barely makes eye contact now.

I have told him how I feel and he says sorry but doesn't seem to really acknowledge it. He just seems irrated by the subject. I feel crazy! But mostly hurt.

What do you do when your BF is this addicted to gaming? Advice? Experience? Halp.
>>
>>16937018
>What do you do when your BF is this addicted to gaming?
You break up. This isn't a relationship.

>It hurts so much I have spent 1/6 of my life with him and he barely makes eye contact now.
Why stay and waste even time on him? Every day longer you stay in this relationship is a day that you could be getting on with the rest of your life.
>>
>>16937018
There's not really much you CAN do. Unfortunately, it's his choice and not yours, and it's really sad to have a relationship ruined over something like this.
>>
You're probably just not sexually attractive to him

Or do you look like the 2D girls in all the games he plays?
>>
>>16937040
I wish he liked anime 2d girls at least we'd have that in common lol. He is so into his xbox games where he can scream at people online.
>>
>>16937032
Jesus, thats tough to hear. : / Part of me just want some magic cure so I can get the person I love back.
>>
>>16937018

Don't let numbers get to your head. 6 Years is a long time, but you can build a more meaningful relationship in half the time with the right guy. Drop this dude already, and move on to something better.

I'm surprised you haven't done it sooner.
>>
>>16937054
You've been together 6 years. That's a long time, and people are bound to change, especially if that time was late teens/early 20s. He's not the guy you fell in love with anymore. Staying with him is only going to cause you more heartbreak than if you leave, I promise. If you leave, it'll hurt for a while, but one day it'll stop. If you say, it'll continue to hurt and it won't go away because he'll continue to neglect you and take you for granted.
>>
>>16937018
It's a two-way street, anon. You say you've been together for six years; if this is how your relationship works (especially when you get together for the first time in four months) then maybe you need to entertain the possibility that he's not giving you as much as you're giving him.

If he seems irritated when you bring it up (again, after six years of dating) then maybe it's time to consider other options. You're probably a constant factor in his life-he's probably just so used to you being a part of it that he doesn't see any danger in neglect. There are plenty of other people who could treat you better, especially those closer to where you live. If your BF won't budge when you bring up your issues (again, after SIX YEARS OF DATING, holy cow), then maybe this has run its course.

Relationships are two-way. If he's not giving enough, find someone who will.
>>
>>16937032
Jesus, tha>>16937086

Thank you, for that thought out response.
>>
>>16937018
>What do you do when your BF is this addicted to gaming? Advice? Experience?
It's not an addiction, it's an escape from something he views as a problem (you and the relationship). You've grown too far apart.
>>
>>16937049
I wish my girlfriend was into 2d anime girls
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.