[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cutting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2

What do you think of people who cut themselves?
>>
>>16936549
That they're unstable
>>
Extremely insecure, possibly suicidal, mostly depressed.
>>
I couldn't imagine doing that to myself but then I've never been in particularly bad circumstances. I just hope these people get some decent help.
>>
Needs stronger thc to sleep.

Doing this is a addiction.
>>
>>16936549
i think nothing of them, i avoid them like the plague
>>
>>16936593
Why do you avoid them?
>>
I think that they are the only ones who truly accept themselves for what they really are they don't hide behind a fake smile and they show the truth they don't hide behind a lie
>>
>>16936549
Their attention seekers.
Most of the people who cut themselves don't have real problems.
>>
>>16936687
They're*
>>
>>16936687
Narcissist checking in. I have scars across my chest and back from when I used to slash myself because I thought I was subhuman scum for taking a skip day or something. I got over myself in time, but it lead to some issues with current gf, I was terrified for her to see them, which I knew she eventually would, but I took things a little too slowly to delay the inevitable. I got lucky and she was more understanding than I thought she would be, sometimes she traces them and asks what had made me upset enough to do each of them, the usual answer being I hated the way I looked, and every time she just moves on to the next one, and at after she traces the last one she says "Well, I think you look wonderful, and I don't want you to ever do anything like that to such a wonderful thing as you again."
>>
>>16936687
>Most of the people who cut themselves don't have real problems.
Going to need a source on that.
>>
Across the wrist, attention...
Up the arm, suicide...
>>
>>16936717
That's bs as most normal people don't know which way their veins run unless they google it like you.
>>
>>16936717
You don't actually understand how self-harm works if you think that across the wrist is always for attention.

It actually gives you an endorphin rush, which lifts your mood, and can quickly become what is known as a maladaptive coping mechanism.
>>
>>16936715
based gf

(mine would probably do something similar though, it's crazy how empathetic some people are)
>>
I used to do it
I didn't want to die (at least not by doing that), but this was the 'safest' source of pain I though of at the time
I did it in inconspicuous spots, and in such a way that of anybody does notice I can pass it off as something else (usually I just laugh it off and say something off the top of my head, they never as again, whether they know the truth or not I don't care at this point)

If I see someone with scars I'll be cautious, as I would be of myself a the time. If I see that they're an attention seeker, that just adds t love it. Otherwise I can empathize, and try not to bother them about it.
>>
>>16936730
that is almost accurate.

emotional and physical pain are experienced in the same centre of the brain. only one signal can be processed at a time, so when you introduce physical pain it makes it impossible to experience emotional pain at the same time. now that's not to say that you won't feel emotional pain at all while cutting, because the signals can alternate.
source: medfag
>>
>>16936722
You're right, most people.

Apologies for working in a ER. Across the wrist you can only go so deep. You can thank Radius and Ulna bones getting in the way. Up the arm, between those bones you hit more veins, thus harder to treat.

Dead serious people go for the Femoral and/or Sephenous...usually DOA
>>
>>16936756
Aren't post cutting suicides across the wrist because people just don't get it?

Would the carotids be a much less painful and faster way to go?

Tbh, I'll never understand why more suicides aren't done by the "choking game" method, it's really simple, completely painless and if you aren't found within 4 minutes you're dead.
>>
>>16936781
If you're thinking of quick and painless, it's easy to get your hands on a gun in 'merica.

Just as long as you don't mind emotionally scarring people for life.
>>
>>16936788
Using a gun is so undignified imo.
>>
I do it because I feel like I deserve it. Like I'm unworthy of not being in pain. I hide the scars by cutting upper theigh, vagina, and stomache. Because I really don't want to bother anyone with it. I was able to hide them for years.
>>
>>16936843
If the objective is to die, usually as quick and painless as possible. Why does it matter how?

...and isn't suicide undignified in the first place?
>>
>>16936868
I just believe people should die with dignity irrelevant of how or why they're doing it. It's not about being painless, a lot of people listen to their favourite songs or do something they really enjoy just before they kill themselves.

Most people would say yes but I don't. Imo we all deserve the right to commit suicide without judgement.
>>
>>16936549
I used to do it, but I think a lot of people get a bad rap for it because there's a massive amount of angsty teens who do it so people will look at them.

I typically avoid people who do cut unless I'm close to them already. It's a huge red flag for anyone and their mental health.
>>
>>16936650
3deep5u
>>
My decided method of suicide is by slitting my wrists. When ever I'm in IM GOING TO DO IT mode I usually try to take baby steps by trying out smaller cuts. Usually that kind of kills the excited thought process for a bit and makes me pussy out.

People do it for a bunch of different reasons, self punishment, attention, just for fun. I wouldn't know what to think about it until I knew them better.
>>
>>16936612
because i have no time or patience for mentally ill/unstable people. been there, done that. never again.
>>
>>16936549
They should just do what I do, play video games, shitposts and masturbate, all for unhealthy periods of times. It's how I cope with depression.
>>
Why not just put your hand in ice and water?

That's pain too and doesn't have long term effects besides hypothermia if you overdo it.
>>
once dated a girl who cutted herself. it didnt last long
>>
The deal with self-harm is that it harms those close to the person who cuts. The average cutter thinks 'oh, I'm doing it to myself, why should it bother you? you have a problem with it?', but in reality knowing that your loved one is in pain and being unable to do shit about it is a TERRIBLE feeling. It makes those close to the cutter feel more and more useless, while all the attempts of offering help are usually met with irritation and even anger. It wears you down.

Cutters, please, think of those who care about you. It hurts them more than you know. Source: experience.
>>
>>16937344
can confirm, dubs speak the truth
>>
>>16937344
This is basically you saying "dear loved one, can you not suffer so loudly? It's killing my buzz. Please put me above yourself"
>>
Wouldn't have anything to do with them

What can I gain from being around people with mental disorders?
>>
>>16937372
>offer help
>get shat on
>boo hoo I don't you love me I'm suffering
>offer help again
>get shat on again
>repeat

nah, son
>>
>>16937372
This.

>>16937381
You're the one who decides to offer help to someone who's clearly not ready to receive it. You're doing it to yourself, just like they are.
>>
>>16937379

Empathy, understanding of people with different perspectives and experiences.
...Maybe a little inheritance if they cut too deep one day.
>>
File: best.jpg (200KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
best.jpg
200KB, 760x596px
>>16936549

Its embarassing and people dont want, nor should care, to have nothing with you for doing it.

Its like screaming to the world - ''Look guys I am suffering. Please look at me I am so fucking important. Look at how much I suffer'' - and its like this triggered some kind of funny / pleasurable reaction in the cutters brain because everybody fucking loves to talk about how much they suffer.

It makes people uncomfortable and ruins the mood.

So cutters need to have a little bit of shame and keep their things to themselves.

Its like those guys that cry in public, I mean, we get it, some of us been that low in our lives and we've been there, but have some shame dude, grow the fuck up, dont be a whiner, and go cry alone so you dont bother people. Nobody gives a shit.
>>
>>16937396

You need to be around fucking depressive sad fucks to learn empathy? Are you saying I need to pity them or something?

No dude fuck that. Being around miserable people only ruins the fucking mood, it stinks the air.
>>
>>16937394
Well, now that i think about it, you're right. 'You cannot help where your help is not wanted'. It's just that the topic brought up unpleasant memories, so i let my emotions get the better of me.

What i want to add though is this: some cutters use cutting to manipulate and play with your emotions. Caution is needed, that's where im getting at.
>>
I used to do it when I was an angsty teenager. At first I did it to get attention from my mum so I cut across my wrist/arm, but then I kind of used it as a form of punishment whenever I felt I should be punished so I started cutting on hidden places like stomach and thighs.
>>
>>16936549
Did something similar when I was a teen, hormones and shit. If it was in their teens then I wouldn't think much of it. Everyone has done a few incredibly stupid things in their teens, these just happen to leave a mark.
If someone is still actively doing it then they need help, seriously. And since I'm not in a position nor in the mood to invest that much time into helping another person I'd just tell them to get help and then leave it at that.
>>
I did it a lot, still have lots of scars, always on spots that people usually never see (shoulders)
, it has been 10 years only a couple of ppl know about this.
It helped me a lot I think, to find balance.
>>
I have done it and still do it. Cut myself on the arms, ankles and thigh. Why do I do it? Because I hate myself, if I was better, my life wouldnt be so miserable. I do it because I'm always sad and find little joy in life. I also punch muself in the face, or hit myself in the back with a belt. I dont do it for the attentio , no one knows I do it. It all started because I would pinch myself at work, to stop myself from bursting into tears. Eventually I started scratching myself with a pen. Eventually moved on a to a knife. Bieng lonely and depressed is the worst.
>>
>>16936549
Attention whores tbqh.
>>
>>16936549
It's silly.
>>
>>16936861
I really hope you reconsider that, anon. Noone is born deserving any kind of pain inflicted on them purposely, whether that be emotional or physical, and you really just cant be that bad of a person to deserve it because of your doings. So unless you are the literral reincarnation of Hitler, please, come to peace with your body and yourself, you are just a usual human being who can make mistakes, the difference is to akcnowledge and learn from them.
>>
>>16937688
Same here to a tee. it helped me feel when I couldn't feel anything
>>
I did it once, during a bout of depression. It was on my arms but easily covered by sleeves, and it was winter so nobody noticed but my two closest friends, who i told about it.

I know this is 4chan but jesus christ you can't stereotype people based on shit like this, everyones different and has different reasons why they did it. Sure theres a lot of attention whoring out there, but self harm is a morbidity of many mental health issues and illnesses and should, for the most part, be taken seriously unless its very evident its for attention (which is very few cases).
Its a bad but unfortunately effective coping mechanism.
>>
They\re manipulative fuckers
>>
I would think I completely understand and can see how it feels good. Feels like you're letting out something bad.

I've never self harmed or even had the urge, and I can't see it feeling good for myself, but I totally see how it would for others. They probably think subconsciously that it's a good punishment or like they need to take out the bad because they don't like themselves a lot.
>>
desu i don't understand why people would do these things. The way i think about it is advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages: ???
Disadvantages : pain and more suffering
But like i said, i don't know much about these things so there must be some deeper reason why someone would self harm...
>>
>>16939126
desu? i meant desu...
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.