[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't believe in god or spiritual things in general. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1451779161709.jpg (293KB, 828x1017px) Image search: [Google]
1451779161709.jpg
293KB, 828x1017px
I don't believe in god or spiritual things in general. I spent a lot of time reading religious texts and books and I just can't get into it. I've accepted that I'm an atheist/agnostic and I can live with that.

The whole idea of hell still creeps me out though. I was raised in a religious household, but I never really thought about hell the way I do now. Just the thought that a place of eternal torment might exist, gives me the chills. I find the idea completely ridiculous and disgusting, but it still scares me for some reason.

How do I get rid of this childish fear? I believed in it as a child, but I wasn't scared of it until recently.
>>
Hell was created to manipulate people's decisions. When you die, your body decomposes and those particles eventually spread elsewhere.

Hell is the same as being promised 72 virgins. We both know it's a lie told to dumb people to complete someone elses agenda.
>>
Hell on earth.
There are few atheists or Christians today that believe in a literal hell, unless your a career criminal who harms people for a living op I really wouldn't worry either way.
>>
File: Alan Watts.jpg (169KB, 900x599px) Image search: [Google]
Alan Watts.jpg
169KB, 900x599px
>>16936381

Listen to Alan Watts
>>
>>16936381
Part of you still believes and that's pretty normal if you were raised to believe. Try reminding yourself that if there is a hell, it's a state of mind, not a place. Live your life in a such a way that if there IS an afterlife, you will be in a state of peace about the life you lived, not full of regret.
>>
Step 1: Believe that if a hell should exist, it's a concept of oblivion.
Step 2: Believe that if a heaven should exist, that it doesn't follow the Five Solae, and is rather a place for genuinely good people.
Step 3: Be a good person.
Step 4: ???
Step 5: Profit.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.