[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is suicide such a pain without a gun? I live in a country

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

Why is suicide such a pain without a gun?

I live in a country without guns.

- There's nothing good to OD on
- Hanging has a low success rate
- Self mutilation/exsanguination has a low success rate
- Traffic suicide is selfish as all hell
- Suicide by cop isn't going to happen
- Exit bags are getting banned and helium diluted

A gun would be simple. Point and click, problems gone.
>>
>>16935860
You don't have to use helium for an exit bag. Go to any welding supply and buy a bottle of argon "for your MiG welder".
>>
File: 1458179379295.png (287KB, 419x500px) Image search: [Google]
1458179379295.png
287KB, 419x500px
>>16935860
Where exactly do you live OP?
>>
>>16935878
Didn't know you used argon for welding.

Also need to get the bag part of the exit bag, and apparently surgical masks don't always fit properly.

>>16935882
In a country so depressing that muting suicide options is a valid tactic in keeping the working population alive.
>>
>>16935860

OP, you commit suicide, what do you think will happen next?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f3bo_6gPDg
>>
thats a dumb excuse
if you really wanna die i'm sure a bit of pain won't stop you
>>
>>16935916
Oh please. I just don't want to fail and get stuck in a psych ward with Molested Marvin and the Shit Crayon Bandit.
>>
Any tall buildings/cliffs/very tall bridges around where you live? It's a decent option if you don't have access to anything better. Kind of traumatic to any bystanders, but at least better than jumping in front of a truck or a train.
>>
>>16935893
Any bag that's big enough to fit over your head will work. Go get a 13 gallon trashbag, or whatever they use in the turd world.

Also, when you go to the welding shop, tell them you just bought the welder used and it didn't come with gas setup. Give them a make and model so they'll get you a hose and regulator that will work as well.
>>
>>16935934
Only a 5 story car park, and that's a tragically low success rate.

>>16935936
A trash bag? Won't that rupture or something? Good stuff on the argon, not a bad plan. Need to find a better 'hood' though.
>>
>>16935934
Oh, I forgot to mention CO poisoning as well. If you have access to a fairly small room that's reasonably isolated and airtight, then a charcoal stove can provide a painless death. Usually cheaper and a bit easier to pull off on your own than noble gas asphyxiation, if that's a concern.
>>
>>16935925
that's a dumb excuse
>>
>>16935953
No. Leave the fitting around your neck snug, but don't attempt a seal, and use a low pressure, just enough to partially inflate the bag. The end of the hose should be above your head. Argon is heavier than air, so some will fall out the bottom, but at 5psi you'll have at least a 4 hour supply. If you can lay down in a small room with poor ventilation it should help speed things along even if you royally fuck up somehow.
>>
>>16935999
And it's inert right? The same 'no feeling of asphyxiation' deal as helium?

Could probably put my pillow inside of the bag and get really comfy.
>>
>>16936008
Yeah, it's a noble gas, and is used in fire suppression systems. Your lungs will be nice and full and you'll drift off.
>>
>>16935999
Are you tripfagging while giving suicide advice? You fucking piece of shit.
>>
>>16936028
I was trying to go one step further and just amazon everything, but they only had an 86/14 mix of argon/CO2. Don't really want CO2.

Maybe I'll have to try some of the trade centers.

>>16936035
The fuck does it matter? If I had a gun or the possibility of getting one I'd go to a gunshow and get one easily enough and make a meal out of it.

I was going to slice myself open, but then I learned it only becomes fatal at around 50% of blood lost, and I don't think I'd do it well enough to manage that.
>>
File: 1457856421545.jpg (18KB, 224x239px) Image search: [Google]
1457856421545.jpg
18KB, 224x239px
>>16935860
>Hanging has a low success rate

Drop hanging usually works.
>>
>>16936035
I've been here long enough to know that nobody actually listens to anything they're told on this board.
>>
>>16936082
I'm hoping you're not fucking with me here.
>>
>>16936058
I guess, but it'd be a 10-15 mile walk for a suitable place. I'd need a tree with a reasonably solid branch, right? I don't have a beam or rafter or anything I could use.

Just perch on the branch with a noose and edge myself off?

In the movies they always do that stool kick but I'm not hiking a fucking chair with me.
>>
>>16936054
86/14 is a pretty good mix. You're going to mix some of your own CO2 into the bag as well, so there's really no point in trying to get pure argon.
>>
File: 1455853934732.jpg (8KB, 236x217px) Image search: [Google]
1455853934732.jpg
8KB, 236x217px
>tfw too pussy to kill self
I like living but I'm tired of being a financial burden on everybody I know
>>
>>16935860
>close garage door
>leave car running
wow that was hard
>>
>>16936140
Tell me a bit more about yourself, anon.

>>16936096
OP? Of course not. Read the warning label on an argon bottle if you don't believe me.
>>
>>16936143
Yeah with the two slight problems that I don't own a car or a garage, so yes, it would be quite hard.

>>16936144
Alright.

>>16936140
That sucks Anon, don't worry about being a financial burden. Paper is paper. If you have people who love you, then keep it going.
>>
>>16936166
>tfw I had my own car before I had my driver's licence

also, build a slam-bang
get a shotshell somewhere (they cannot possibly be THAT hard to find), put it in the end of a 3/4 inch pipe, then contrive a way to hit the primer
or you can just not kill yourself
>>
>>16936144
The economy in my province is shit right now. There's not even any minimum wage jobs. I only work part time and make like 600 dollars a month. I keep having to borrow money from my family to cover rent and food.

I feel like I should just go homeless with dignity but I know I wouldn't last long living like that. I grew up very poor but being homeless is another level entirely.
>>
>>16936143
I've heard this doesn't work that well unless you have a car with an older catalytic converter. New ones are too efficient, you'll usually suffocate before you die of CO poisoning.
>>
>>16936175
Dunno if you're a car person, if I'm clueless, or a mixture of both but I didn't understand much of what you said.

'Someone loves you' right? 'There's still a future!', 'Find something to live for!'; I mean fucking seriously. I had a much better plan but it's never going to happen, so a mediocre suicide is the best option I have.

>>16936176
Anon, if those people love you, then fucking stick with it.
>>
>>16935860
>Why is suicide such a pain without a gun?
Because people are resilient creatures. We bear up under some of the damndest pressures and worst injuries. It is literally what we evolved to do: we have no claws or fangs or other weapons, no shells or spines or other forms of defense. All we have is the ability to endure and to adapt; even our intelligence is, from an evolutionary standpoint, only a means to this end.
>>
>>16936190
>I had a much better plan but it's never going to happen, so a mediocre suicide is the best option I have.
Tell us about this plan. Why is it never going to happen?
>>
File: anon kills self.png (35KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
anon kills self.png
35KB, 800x600px
>>16936190
a slam-bang is an improvised shotgun
I even drew you a picture so you can build one yourself
>>
>>16936218
I wanted to get enough money to disappear somewhere around the world and then maybe fall off a cliff rock climbing or something. That way it's just an accident. Money is the issue in that plan.

Maybe I'll scout out a good tree over the next few days and go from there with the hanging thing.
>>
>>16936220
I'm in a country with very few guns, where am I supposed to get a shotgun shell from?

Also, that looks like an incredibly good way to maim myself without dying.
>>
File: 1440871671074.jpg (116KB, 966x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1440871671074.jpg
116KB, 966x1125px
>>16936114
I don't know if a tree branch is strong enough. Depends on your weight I guess. The drop is probably way too short anyway. You are most likely going to die by strangulation, which may or may not be painful.

This site has some interesting facts on drop hanging and suicide in general.

http://lostallhope.com/suicide-methods/hanging/drop-hanging
>>
OP it sounds like you're not very motivated to get this done
>>
>>16936308
I was anticipating the strangulation method. I would need to drop like 9 feet. I weigh 10 stone.

The problem isn't so much pain, but rather the plausibility of failure. A psych ward is not somewhere I want to end up.
>>
it's like you faggots don't have access to illicit opioids
>>
>>16936356
I don't, heroin sounds good to OD on.
>>
>>16936336
I live near a major rail hub in the US. We got guns, helium, and some damn strong heroin. At least a dozen people jump in front of a train here every year.

Assuming your train has a conductor who knows this shit happens and can't do anything about it you end up nothing more than a short paragraph in section Q of the newspaper
>>
>>16935953
5 stories isn't tall enough?

Also could someone please explain to me why people are so hell bent on making suicide impossible?
I remember reading a thread about how a guy was going to jump off a bridge but the police persuaded him otherwise. Then he got charged with obstruction of peace and they forced him to go to the psych ward.
Why is society like this? Why are other people inhibiting my right to die. There's too many people on this planet anyway so why does it matter if a few people kill themselves?
>>
>>16936547
>Also could someone please explain to me why people are so hell bent on making suicide impossible?
Half a dozen people in this thread have been trying to help OP off himself. Your argument is invalid.
>>
Exsanguination in a desolate area,
Very slow, but, if no one is around then no one can save you.
Go for the neck and not the wrists like some emo pussy.
That would work right?
>>
>>16936547
You have a pretty good chance of surviving with severe injuries falling from 5 stories. 10 stories would be the minimum I'd attempt from.

People are scared of the idea that life isn't worth living, and will go to extreme lengths to avoid having to really confront that fear.
>>
>>16936607
If you have a sharp knife and the willpower to go through with it, sure. Wouldn't even take that long if you did it correctly. It's not a good method for most people because it requires more willpower than most suicides are able to muster and it's pretty easy to fuck up.
>>
>>16936547
Yeah 5 isn't really tall enough.

Like I said, I don't want to end up in a psych ward. Ending up in a psych ward with no knee caps would be even worse. I don't enjoy my life, I think it's kind of shit, I don't really want to keep living that life and I don't really think making it worse is a good solution.

>>16936607
>>16936634
>Go for the neck and not the wrists like some emo pussy.
I have the horrible feeling I wouldn't cut deep enough, and it would either require some Samurai ritual suicide willpower or I'd have to be psychotic. Sadly I have neither of those under my belt.

I'm thinking either argon/helium mask or I go and scout a sturdy tree to hang myself from.
>>
>>16936592
Not you faggot just people in general.
>>
>>16935960
I was in a mental ward once, that's actually a pretty legit excuse.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Official_Table_of_Drops

have fun OP
>>
>>16937146
Ok disregarding the drop thing and back to strangulation, how thick should the rope be?
>>
Bumping for rope thickness
>>
>>16936661
>Yeah 5 isn't really tall enough.
It is if you go head first
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.