[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anxiety for 48 hours straight... Help?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (47KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
47KB, 1280x720px
So I've been experiencing some pretty serious anxiety the last few days. The reason isn't that important, but it's related to a breakup. But I don't really want to talk about that.

I was wondering if anyone had general advice in dealing with generalised anxiety. Over the last 48 hours I have felt extremely panicked almost constantly, sometimes it gets a lot worse and I need to focus as hard as I can to not hyperventilate. I also need to force myself to eat or drink and I can't find enjoyment in anything I normally can like video games or TV or music.

Other times it's not as bad, like right now, but I still feel generally very stressed even though logically I know there's nothing to be stressed over currently. I went to a therapist for the first time today, and while it was good to talk it out and I have another appointment soon, it didn't help much with the feeling of panic.

The tl;dr and general question is: Does anyone know how to calm generalised anxiety I've felt for the last 48 hours that won't go away? All I've been told to do is focus on my breathing, which is a very temporary fix.

On a slightly related note, as stupid as it sounds, is masturbating while anxious a bad or good idea? Before the breakup I would do it once or more per day and it's been a couple days now, so I don't know if that's making it worse. But lately I've only been able to get off to my ex, so I'd have to use her pictures... So I don't know if that will make it harder to get over her.
>>
Also, I don't know if I kind of downplayed it here, but I don't think it's just "normal feelings after going through a breakup". I'm a 20 year old young man who needed to ask his mom to hold his hand and calm him down for 2 hours the night it happened, and even last night I sat silently with my mom for hours before I could sleep. And I'm usually very independent... This just is REALLY rattling me. I've never been this constantly anxious/scared before.
>>
Please give me advice?
>>
Bumping out of interest, I've had this happen to me before and it just sucked for a long time. Hope you find someone with better advice, OP. Breathing is all I've got too.
>>
Meditate
>>
Some things that might help:
>take walks or other light exercise
>if light exercise doesn't work and you're really revved up, maybe try some strenuous exercise to tire yourself out
>listen to relaxing music or watching old reruns of a favourite show
>stay away from stimulants
>call a friend, you don't have to talk about what's bothering you if you don't want to, just chat and catch up with them
>drink water
>go someplace peaceful
>clean your house or do some other productive activity with visible results

Things I wouldn't recommend but that I personally have done/would do, use at your own risk:
>have a drink or two but do not get drunk and don't be drinking all damn day, have the decency to wait til suppertime
>smoke a bowl
>take a Benadryl or something that makes you tired so you can at least get some sleep or lie down and rest

If it's still really bad by Monday:
>go to doc, preferably your family doc if you have one
>tell them you have bad acute anxiety
>sometimes pillheads or drug dealers will do this as a way to get pills, so you gotta be careful
>don't outright ask for pills
>make sure you mention you're seeing a therapist
>they will probably throw pills at you anyway, but it probably won't be benzos or anything, and probably only a week's worth or so

>>16935500
Seconding this with reservations - if you've never really meditated before, you'll probably get frustrated if your first time doing it is while you're super anxious.
>>
>>16935526
>Seconding this with reservations - if you've never really meditated before, you'll probably get frustrated if your first time doing it is while you're super anxious.

How long have you practiced until you felt some betterment?
>>
DO NOT MASTURBATE TO PICS OF YOUR EX.

Seriously that's gonna make shit so much worse. I've been through what you're going through and the best thing that you can do is try to do something proactive to treat your anxiety. Like meditation, reading "The Feeling Good Handbook" (written by an MD, it is not just some pop sci bullshit), going on walks, etc... Anything to keep yourself moving. Just the act of being proactive in getting better will make you feel better.

I will go on walks or do something monotonous so I can think about exactly what is giving me anxiety without being still to let the panic set in.

Ex-gf or gf problems can be the fucking worst when depressed or anxious. They make it 1000x times worse. I know it's hard but you gotta pull yourself out of it if you aren't on medication. Force yourself off social media and try your absolute hardest to not think about her.
>>
>>16935654
I gotta admit, I laughed pretty hard at the urgency of that first line. Honestly I can only really get off go pictures of girls I know nowadays, so I'll probably jerk it to a girl I broke up with last year that I'm more or less totally over.

I appreciate the input, everyone. Honestly just the fact that strangers are supporting me here feels really good. Plus I'll definitely put some of these ideas into practice.

I was just in a bakery, on my way to visit my sister, and I realised how attractive all the chicks are in there, and that kind of made me realise I really think this was the right decision to end it. It was a long distance thing, and I am so done with those at this point. I really do think I need to find someone new, here. I'm done with playing it safe. When I feel better and not like so anxious and shit (hope it goes away soon) I'll try to get out of my comfort zone and meet new girls - as both friends and romantic interests.

I guess this is a good thing, realistically, just wish my subconscious would catch up with the "realistic".
>>
Would still appreciate more input though, gentlemen. Still refreshing the page.
>>
Currently panicking at a family dinner party, trying to hide it as tiredness...
>>
I calmed down a bit earlier today but I feel like I'm going to be very panicky tonight and I'm really worried and kind of terrified.
>>
Any more support?
>>
Gonna bump one more time and check if this thread is still up in the morning, it's been a rough few days. Sorry for being spammy.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.