[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/adv/, I have had really bad body acne since I was 12. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 171499-425x281-back-acne.jpg (11KB, 425x281px) Image search: [Google]
171499-425x281-back-acne.jpg
11KB, 425x281px
/adv/,

I have had really bad body acne since I was 12. I'm 19 now, and it hasn't gotten much better. It's really taking a toll on my confidence because I hate taking shirt off (at the beach, in the sack).

I've tried every bodywash imaginable, I'm very clean, I exfoliate, all that shit, but nothing has worked. Any ideas to help my backne/chest acne would be greatly appreciated.

(pic not me, but I'm close to that)
>>
OP here, I also have tried removing all unhealthy shit from my diet. I'm still doing that, but it's been 3 months with no success.
>>
>>16934666

Benzoyl peroxide works the best for me. You can get a scrub to use in the shower every day. It's not a 100% cure or anything, but I get far, far fewer pimples, and when they happen, they come and go in like 1-2 days instead of sticking around for a week.
>>
>>16934672
Thank you. I'll check that out, I can deal with a few zits here and there but right now it's just bad.
>>
>>16934678

No worries.

One warning though - you have to stick with it and use it every day to see results. If I get lazy and skip a day or two, I break out pretty bad.
>>
>>16934681
How long until you started seeing results after using it every day? Just so I don't get impatient!
>>
>>16934684

It's strong stuff, so when you first start using it, it might be a bit irritating, and it will probably dry your skin out. It's one of those things where it gets a little worse before it starts getting better. Your skin will adjust to it. But over the years it's been the only thing that consistently works for me.

I don't remember exactly how long it took to start clearing me up, but if you're looking for solutions here, it's worth trying it and sticking with it for a while
>>
>>16934666
Alright well along with the benzoyl peroxide, and as well as going to a dermatologist, you can also try laying down in the sun. Getting sunburned pretty good on your back, when it peels that layer of skin will come off and help with the taking off of those pimples. That's what I did when I was a teen, walking around an Fransisco in the middle of the summer and as soon as that shit peeled I was fine ever since
>>
Accutane.

You have cystic acne. Benzoil Peroxide doesn't do shit. Exfoliating doesn't do shit. Go see a fucking dermatologist.
>>
>>16934814
They're definitely not cysts. A couple are, but most are just little red spots and some have pus. It's more of a clogged pores issue than cystic acne.
>>
>>16934666

What bodywash/soap are you using? Your skin may just have a reaction to certain washes.
>>
>>16934666
>>16934814
>>16935058

If you look like the OP pic, you're not just dealing with clogged pores. You might want to look into accutane.

Otherwise, get some sun and get more vitamin A, which is ultimately what Accutane pumps you full of. More sun, even if you have to do it in private because of embarrassment.
>>
Lifestyle change is usually associated acne. (Usually.)

Exercise is huge, as it helps cleanse the body. Saunas too, if access.
>also, if stressed cardio work helps reduce such & cleanse body
>>win-win

Also, cleansing the diet is great, but what you define as 'clean' definitely varies from person to person (and region to region).

Foods to get rid of:
>processed foods
>dairy
>white bread
>sugary foods
>>including juice & soda

Foods that may help:
>probiotics
>>apple cider vinegar (either diluted or straight)
>>kombucha
>>yogurt even, even though dairy
>whole grains
>leafy greens & other vegetables
>>eating mostly plants will benefit you in more ways than you may understand
>ginger + lemon + hot water (add each to taste) steep for 10-15 minutes

Oh, and drink ALL THE WATER
>at least 64 oz per day (and moar if digesting diuretics)
>>
>>16935217

For what it's worth, I had bad acne growing up and none of this diet/lifestyle shit did anything for me. The hormones in my body were just running wild, and I didn't clear up until I was in college. Even then, I didn't fully clear up. I'm almost 30 and I have some side/back acne that basically just isn't going to end in my life. It's nothing extreme, but like I mentioned earlier, getting into the sun pretty much takes it out. It's all I could ever get to work in my teenage years.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.