[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lately I have been considering to become socially passive, meaning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

Lately I have been considering to become socially passive, meaning that I would interact with others only for job or other necessary matters.

What do you think is worth the most: social relationships or doing as you wish?
>>
Humans have evolved to be social animals

People that try to ignore this and go off on their own end up fucking themselves over with relationships, friendships, etc and eventually get to the point where there is no turning back without therapy

>Bad idea
>>
>>16934494
So..what would happen exactly? Will I become one of those "real human beans" fabled in greentexts here?
>>
>>16934494
Can confirm this is true. I don't recommend it.
>>
>>16934481
As someone who did this (not intentionally, but by focusing on job and school too much), donĀ“t.

Keep your good relationships if you can. Just weed out the ones that are not worth it.
>>
>>16934510
What happened to you?
>>
>>16934494
What do you mean by "fucking themselves over"?
>>
Seconding OP in wondering what the fuck is actually supposed to happen if you do this.
>>
>>16934551
I know right? I already asked this here and there and most answers I got were vague answers or obvious things like "you will lose all your family or friends".
>>
>>16934481
You blend in.

As long as you're reliable and your character is strong and you have a strong self esteem, being passive has its benefits of accruing you some respect. The negaive is you won't develop deep connections with people unless you open up and engage instead of being passive and being all business-like.

Most of bonding happens in the in between and breaks from the real job/class etc.
>>
>>16934588

>you blend in

That's it, I'm sold.

It was always my dream to be unnoticed.
>>
>>16934481
>What do you think is worth the most: social relationships or doing as you wish?
I think it's a false dichotomy. The first almost always makes the second massively easier: indeed, it's usually outright requird. If you could tell us more about what it is that you want to do, but I can tell you right now that sacrificing social relationships is almost guaranteed to cause more problems for that than it solves.
>>
>>16934614
>The first almost always makes the second massively easier

But what if what I want is being alone and that's it?

>If you could tell us more about what it is that you want to do

It's all in the starting post, I just want to interact with other people only when strictly necessary. Meaning that the most social interaction I will do will be small talk. People that will try to go deeper will be ignored.

I do agree with you that sacrificing social relationships will make things harder, as each good friend translates in support; but I really can't put myself to dance the social dance.
>>
Social relationships are worthless in of themselves aren't they? Feeling "lonely" because you're not around other people is illogical and can be de-conditioned, information can be readily found on the internet so there is no reason to gather at the town well anymore and sex can be bought as has always been possible.
>>
File: house-cover-cane.jpg (444KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
house-cover-cane.jpg
444KB, 1920x1080px
So you want to be liek Dr. House?

Even he doesn't want to be Dr. House.

Don't go out of your way to destroy your current relationships to be an edge, "all alone in this world" teenager, but if you enjoy being alone you are ahead of the curve my friend.
>>
>>16934633

>Social relationships are worthless in of themselves aren't they?

Even as an aspiring hermit, I have to disagree with you. Subjectively, social relationships have the worth you give them; objectively, they are always useful to have and can give you benefits if you're lucky.

The question I was wondering is what would happen to my mind/personality if I chose that path.
>>
>>16934651
I don't get it.
>>
>>16934653
Be flexible?

There's a time to be alone and businesslike,
there's a time to be a carefee and lighthearted to mingle.
>>
>>16934653
Literally nothing

You just live your allocated 80~ years of live then you pass on. That's it. Nothing special happens however you live.
>>
>>16934670
years of life*

I'm tired
>>
>>16934668
I think you're right.
>>
>>16934481
People will start to pull it out of you and not necessarily the ones you'd want to.
>>
>>16934494
My natural tendencies are too want to be alone, but what this guy says is true. I know I've missed out on a lot of opportunities proffesionally and in interpersonal relationships because of it. I do it because I don't know (or particularly want) any other way to live, but I do not recommend it for anyone else.
>>
File: 099_manycatsinthebox_cat_gifs.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
099_manycatsinthebox_cat_gifs.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>16934494
This. It doesn't mean become a social butterfly, but do go out of your way to socialize every once in awhile. You can learn a lot about people.

I did this for awhile and it turned me into a cranky jerk. Most times I like being alone, but I get lonely and need to talk to others. Just wish I wouldn't get attached to people so easily.
>>
>>16934481

I only interact with family, my two friends, my gf and people at work. Works fine for me. I think its normal when you get older.
>>
>>16934481

You gotta have some form of social interaction, whether it's at work, being a guild member, getting drunk at bars, or making a group of friends.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.