[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For work i've been asked to write a 4-5 minute comedy sketch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (37KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
37KB, 1280x720px
For work i've been asked to write a 4-5 minute comedy sketch which has the potential to make it onto TV, however, comedy is not my forte- so I wondered if any of you creative people at /adv/ have any ideas you can throw at me, can be as controversial as you wish, throw it at me
>>
your life
>>
idk but I remember this podcast I listened to had an episode that discussed skit construction, pretty interesting. They fuck around talking about other shit for ages too though, so just a 'if you have a long commute and nothing to listen to, might as well' suggestion, might do better with google.
http://nerdist.com/you-made-it-weird-275-keegan-michael-key/

How did you get saddled with something like this if you don't even write comedy?
>>
>>16934280
I usually edit, however, I have been asked to fill someone's writing position as another writer has unfortunately fallen ill
>>
>>16934196
well can you go a bit more into what type of format you usually do, they type of humor employed, etc

if you had a youtube video of one of your other sketches or something I would better be able to throw ideas at you
>>
>>16934196

two dudes bump into each other while walking down the street, and look up to realize they are long lost identical twins. they immediately agree to bang each other's spouses.

the twist? turns out one of thems gay and ends up getting banged by a big black bf. the gay one bangs the straight dudes wife.

they reconvene to make jokes.

i actually wrote a script for this one and had a four episode outline.
>>
Anne frank realizes that life inside of the attic is not life at all, and the only way to be free is to go out and face the world. But, on her way to a new life she runs into none other than... hitler! the two are locked in battle, but accidentally fall into a time portal. The duo find themselves in... Modern Day New York!

At first, they split ways. Hitler quickly finds himself attacked by the liberal population who assume he is impersonating hitler to be offensive. Anne finds that she has done so much good for the world in the form of her diary, but if it was ever revealed shes alive and well, it could be undone. The two have no choice but to work together, posing as cosplaying performers in order to survive this strange new world.

what ensues, is a comedy of friendship, and a musical adventure:

The Adventures of Hitler and Anne Frank
>>
Run around saying "LEGALIZE RAPE!!!"
>>
>>16934862
You committed to four episodes for a joke whose premise is funny only for the immediate shock value?

Yikes.
>>
>>16934970

doppleganger shenanigans is practically its own sub genre. the whole twins switching places cam easily be stretched across four episodes of 5 minutes each.

>comitted

it was a silly sketch i outliend basic ideas for four episodes of five pages each.

>yikes

you committed to posting in a thread on a saturday so its not like you'd have anything better to do either.
>>
>>16934970

Just like modern TV!

Remember Caveman? Of course you don't.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.