[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First tablet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: img_0001-1500x1017.jpg (284KB, 1500x1017px) Image search: [Google]
img_0001-1500x1017.jpg
284KB, 1500x1017px
I'm thinking of getting a tablet but since I've never owned or even used one I don't really know what to get. I would prefer something in the 10" range and with the android version being as close to stock as possible.

Which brands are good and which should you generally avoid? I saw that there's a 9" Nexus but it's a few years old and from what I've heard the quality of the Nexus tablets isn't very good.

I don't need a whole lot of power either, I'll probably just watch some Youtube videos on it and my SO will probably just use it for Facebook and shit like that.
>>
A cheap tablet will be more than enough for that.
>>
>>16934185
Sure but I'd rather pay a bit more if it means a higher quality (build) and I can't stand lag which is also one of the reasons I would prefer it to be as close to stock as possible without a bunch of bloatware. I've never had a Samsung phone or tablet but from what I've heard they seem to be the worst when it comes to bloatware yet their products still sell very well...

Up to ~€500 seems reasonable.
>>
>>16934179
500 euro is like 900 million dollars american right? Buy a tablet company. Make your own.

But, barring that, from my experience it's worthwhile to go with a name brand. I have kids and went the route of buying shit brand tablets with the same specs as name brands and they are somehow slower, buggier, and generally have all kinds of problems even though they have the same processor, ram,etc. Samsung stuff generally has smaller amounts of bloat in my experience, but again I say go namebrand.
>>
>>16934179
want it not to be laggy? get 2gb ram at least. everything else is secondary. dont want bloatware? dont use built in frmware. just dont. root it and hit xda developers for some good rom. as for brand of tablet, with this kind of budget you can get anything you like so its just a matter of looks
>>
Don't get a 10" tablet - get a 7" tablet, they're nicer in the hand and more portable.
>>
>>16934179
Amazon has a tablet for 50 bucks that duz all that stuff
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.