[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I lack self discipline and mental focus (no, I'm not ADHD,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_nukrvfNAbh1qz9bu3o1_1280.jpg (79KB, 600x525px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nukrvfNAbh1qz9bu3o1_1280.jpg
79KB, 600x525px
I lack self discipline and mental focus (no, I'm not ADHD, just a daydreamer who has never practiced self discipline).

What are some good ways to introduce better behavior and self discipline?
>>
Wanting something bad enough.
>>
>small daily improvements are key to long term results

Don't try to change your whole life in one day - work on changing small aspects every day

>it's why New Years resolutions don't last
>>
>>16934157

It's not a matter of self discipline or mental focus. It's a matter of sense of purpose. You can have godlike discipline, but if you don't see a reason in doing something, then you're not going to do it.

New year's resolutions and shit like that gets on my tits because, ultimately, if you can't start now - why would you fucking bother in a week?

Honestly so many people say things like "I wish I could learn a language" or "I wish I could learn to code", but really, they don't. They just like thinking about themselves as a fluent speaker, but hate thinking about the amount of work involved.

We're in a world now where there is no evolutionary pressure at all. None. You have to survive, but since you're on the internet, I'm going to assume you fulfill that basic necessity.

The problem with everyone who keeps asking for help with discipline and 'motivation' (this word makes me feel sick) is that they ONLY like the IDEA.

If you were to TRULY focus on, for example, learning a language, you could probably learn it in a week. If you had such dedication, you'd just take a week in the fucking country, refuse to speak your native language and INSIST that all communication is done in that language.

But you won't. And you know why you won't?

Because you're a spoiled fucking pig who has no purpose or reason to live. You don't need fucking discipline - you need purpose. Read a fucking autobiography about someone inspirational.

Honestly the main period during which purpose is infused into someone seems to be between 1-20 years old. Usually because their parents or a friend showed them it.

It's hard and depressing to admit that you'll never be an Alexander the Great... Or a Genghis Khan, but it's the truth. You simply are not in the circumstances needed to allow for such growth.

If you FORCE yourself into a horrible situation where the ONLY way out is growth, then you WILL grow. It is what Sun Tsu calls 'Dead Man's Ground'.
>>
There's nothing wrong with being a daydreamer. I'm a daydreamer myself. The difference is that what I daydream about is the great things I'm going to do in the future, and then I turn those daydreams into reality.

Yes, it's a slow process, and it requires actually doing work, but it's pretty rewarding.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.