[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fake degree, job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Turkey1.jpg (450KB, 2550x3501px) Image search: [Google]
Turkey1.jpg
450KB, 2550x3501px
failed most of my classes in 2nd year of civil engineering.
didn't tell my parents, pretended like i was still studying like a normal student even though i was on academic dismissal.
now i've "graduated".
dad found me a job at a small civil engineering consulting firm (they do work on bridges and highways in large american city).
wtf do i do? i don't kno chit about structural engineering or design.
>>
Wow, find yourself some job or education and talk to your dad afterwards.
>>
>>16933489
Fucking learn.

And quickly, at that.

Your father is busting his ass to provide you with opportunities you don't possess the motivation to seek for yourself. At least do him the courtesy of making an earnest attempt.

If you are given an assignment you don't understand, research as much as possible into the confusing aspects. I mean serious levels of research too not just a quick google search where you give up if you can't find the answer.

Also, don't be afraid to ask your colleagues for help. Don't rely on them unnecessarily or throw your work onto them, but if you make a friend in the office or can offer you the occasion pointer, it will help you.

Don't go in there with the attitude of "FUCK I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING I SHOULDN'T EVEN BE HERE"

Go in with the attitude of "I know much more than average person on this topic and with some experience I'm sure I can become an expert in my field given the proper opportunities."
>>
>>16933489

Are your parents really that fucking stupid that they didn't realize tar you haven't been in school for the last two years? Didn't they want to see your diploma or go to your graduation?
>>
>>16933489
Did they not ask about your graduation ceremony?
>>
>>16933501

Do not...repeat DO NOT listen to this advice.
You need to 'fess up to your old man that you don't have a degree. If you go to this company, you will only embarrass yourself and worse, your old man. Then he will truly never forgive you for embarrassing him in a professional setting. You need to tell him the truth like yesterday. The people at this company are not idiots--they will find out within the first two weeks that you are a fraud.
>>
Iirc you need to a licence to actually work as an engineer so what are you actually doing? Also best advice is to tell your dad and disappoint him now instead of wait and disappoint him even more later.
>>
>>16933517
If his dad is also a civil engineer, maybe. Otherwise it likely won't blow back on the father unless this guy is a literal trainwreck.

The people of the company aren't idiots, no but presumably they started from somewhere as well. I'm operating under the assumption OP isn't completely retarded and knows more than he thinks he does about civil engineering.

He should still come clean with his father, but fuck man he should at least try to take advantage of the opportunities his father has bent over backwards to provide him with.

I highly doubt his father is intelligent enough to have the connections to land him a job at a consulting firm and NOT realize something was off about his son's schooling.
>>
>>16933567
>presumably they started from somewhere as well
Yeah, but graduating college with a degree in civil engineering.
>>
>>1693352
we were on a family vacation during graduation time.

>>16933507
need 3 years experience before you get the license.
>>
>>16933489
Please don't build any bridges anywhere near me.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.