[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I crave a sense of community, /adv/, but I don't know where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: springfield.jpg (319KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
springfield.jpg
319KB, 500x375px
I crave a sense of community, /adv/, but I don't know where to find it.

I grew up in a closely-knit small town/suburb in the Midwest.
After High School, I commuted to college, and I had a circle of friends who stayed in the area. Unfortunately, they've slowly drifted away, and now in my mid-20s, I'm the last one left.

I know I need to move on, but I don't know where to go.

I feel very lonely, and I crave that small-town feeling of knowing everybody.

The city is kind of appealing, but I'm worried I'll move down there and simply be lonely in an even bigger, busier place.

Does anyone have any advice for me?
>>
Welcome to life it sucks
>>
>>16932992
Eat shit.
>>
There's not many options when it comes to this, either you get used to it or you do something about it and get out there and attend events and get to know people.
>>
Seeing as you're on 4chan, you're probably unreligious.

I found my best friends and my sense of community in the church. I go to a non-denominational church that has modern music, relevant teaching, and no weird churchy things. I wouldn't be the same without my church - not just religiously or regarding my view of God, but because of my close friends, the sense of love I get going into that place, and basically the stuff you're probably looking for.

Even if you're *not* a Christian/religious, try going to a church. Half the friends I made at church are not Christians, just looking for that sense of community and seeking their own religious viewpoints. You don't have to be the Apostle Paul to go to church.

Try it. Couldn't hurt. If you do, find a bigger church and join a small group in that church. If you go to a small community church, you might feel like an outcast because chances are they all know each other. If you head to a bigger church, you can blend in and make the friends YOU want to make.

Good luck.
>>
Wherever you go, there will always be people playing Dungeons & Dragons. Join them.
>>
>>16933333

glorious quints of truth
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.