[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

normal to have argument with boss?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (9KB, 219x230px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 219x230px
Is it normal to have little arguments or issues with your boss? I work a minimum wage job while going to college, and my boss has been lashing out on me a lot lately. She had an injury a while ago and has to take medication that affects her mood, so that may be it, but it makes me so upset that I hate coming to work now.
She threatens to fire me for little things, says I have an attitude when all I do is agree and say sorry and nothing else.
For example, today she threatened to take away my hours on next Sunday because I was explaining someone I was working 11 to 11. She thought I was complaining about her, but I wasn't. And she took away six of those hours and gave them to someone else.
Tldr;
> has arguments with boss, always apologize and agree with her but she thinks I have an attitude because I don't say anything else
> threatens to fire me over little stuff, does not do this to anyone else
> is this normal? What should I do?
>>
>>16932715
Bump
>>
>>16932715
Bump
>>
Some disagreements are normal but that sounds like borderline harassment. Do you have any sort of HR department?
>>
>>16932756
We do, but this company is so fucked up that they wouldn't really care. Like, I know one manager, a friend of mine, quit because they took hours from one week and tacked them onto the next just so she wouldn't hit overtime which is pretty much stealing her pay. They didn't do anything about it when she called, so she quit and found a new job.
This was the same boss that is mean to me, and did that to her. This boss has been so rude and mean that she has made me cry at work. If not because of her being mean, it was because I was so frustrated because she berates me in front of everyone and while we are busy.
>>
>>16932764
That sounds like a tough situation. If you think this is a temporary thing due to her being on these pain meds and stuff, I suppose you could just wait it out. But it sounds like this is causing you a lot of distress, you may want to start looking for a different job. If you try to stand up for yourself she may get worse or fuck up any sort of reference you could have had for this job.
>>
>>16932770
I've worked here almost two years, and am being trained for shift manager, but she recently told a co-worker that the reason I haven't gotten a promotion yet is because if said attitude toward her.
Her injury isn't temporary. She's got some spine/neck injury and is constantly on pain meds.
I've tried talking to her about our issues, but she just claims that I'm making them up in order to talk bad about her to coworkers.
>>
>>16932778
Have you asked her what you do that she believes is an "attitude"?

I have a boss somewhat like this (not to the extreme of threatening to fire me though). She would complain of my eyerolling a lot, so I just constantly make eye contact with her and for some reason that has made her happy. Could be a small simple solution such as this, it's definitely weird that she doesn't treat others this way. Any other mid-management people you can talk to about this?
>>
>>16932778

If it's a shitty retail job just quit and get another one. Or you could just stop being a bitch and argue her down. She keeps coming back because you're easy pray, saying you have bad attitude is low tier female manipulation strategy.
>>
OP, I work as a pizza delivery guy. I deal with shitty customers sometimes, shitty boss and coworkers occasionally, but shitty asshole drivers almost every delivery.

I've had the luxury of giving attitudes back at my boss and coworkers because I'm essential to their business and a good driver and they heard how I fucked over some other pizza place because their boss was a cunt.

I've had the patience with customers 99% of the time because what I do is routine and I do it well.

Shitty asshole drivers are unavoidable and I can't bother to fuck with them on the job and most of all its petty. But something this job taught me was to look at other people like NPC's. Remember RuneScape, OP? Think of these people as NPCs. These people that cause you stress, that cause conflict, that try to berate you, that make problems, that want to put you down, that take things out on you - they're not real, OP. They're unavoidable pawns in your life. Wherever you go, to some degree - they will be there. You can't fix them, you can't fix the situation, you can't bother, you can't try, you can't do this or that, but ever since I realized these people are walking talking NPC's, I've relieved myself of all stress. I don't get upset at anything from anyone anymore. It's inevitable and I see it that way. They're just not in the range of control. I understand your pride is hurt. Maybe you can slash her tires one day for kicks. Maybe you can shit in a bag in a throw it at her front door one night at 3 am. You can do these things and get away with it, but she will always be in terms of your life that bitch who will live her life with pain the entirety of her miserable waking hour. It's programmed into her and the world's existence, her role in life and her role in yours. That's why she's an NPC.

NPC's can't change. You can.
>>
>>16932823

Man that's some defeatist attitude right there. You can't change them so you stop defending yourself? If they want to tango, you fucking tango. Don't back out like a bitch then complain how they wont go away.
>>
>>16932833
>defeatist attitude
If you want to make the quality of your life become even more shit, you fight back over petty shit. OP goes there to make money - nothing else. Those co-workers don't matter in his life and the bitch matters less.

>If they want to tango, you fucking tango
That's a great philosophy you got there. Letting other people decide what you'll do next.

>Don't back out like a bitch then complain how they wont go away
I didn't tell him to complain; I told him not to complain. Personally, I've stood up for myself because the situation was horrible horrible horrible and it was so worth it. I had the worst hours of the worst days of the week making shit cash and put up with bullshit. I couldn't even get a bottle of water without paying for it. Now I make at least 100 a day working the best hours of the best days of the week. Unless his situation was as shitty as mine, I'd say learn not to mind it, while go looking for better options.
>>
>>16932845

>If you want to make the quality of your life become even more shit, you fight back over petty shit.
This isn't petty shit though. This hormonal bitch is causing him to lose out on hours.

>Letting other people decide what you'll do next.
Being a bitch and bending over for them is letting others decide what you'll do next. Standing up for yourself and stopping that is the opposite.

>Personally, I've stood up for myself
Yet you think OP shouldn't because why? His situation doesn't sound horrible horrible horrible?
>>
>>16932863
fag
>>
>>16932833
This, OP.

Punch her in the face and knock her the fuck out. Break her fucking nose and preserve your false sense of masculinity and walk out an unemployed king of the world.
>>
>>16932819
>low tier female manipulation
Yup also
>acting like you're stupid when you have a perfectly reasonable question
>acting disgusted when you're especially polite
But
>acting offended and annoyed when you try to speak to her more casually
>acting like tiny problems are the end of the word and actually overreacting to the point that she's doing her job poorly just to prove an invalid point
>>
>>16932871

>false sense of masculinity
>implying bending over is masculine
If he actually did smack that bitch and walk out he'd have pretty big balls. Stupid yes, but big fucking balls.

But over exaggerating doesn't prove your point.
>>
>>16932801
She says it is because I don't say anything else to her. That I don't explain myself, and that I don't talk to her as if she is a friend, like I do my other coworkers. It's not that I dont mind talking to her, but she's just so mean that thats all I see in her now. She can be friendly sometimes, and that's when I'm just as friendly and talk to her like she is my friend.
I have tried the same thing as you. She said I kept rolling my eyes so I looked directly at her. It helped for a few months. But has gotten worse again.
>>16932819
I feel like it'd be a waste seeing as I'm training for management and I have vacation time already and they have my schedule set up for school.
>>
>>16932845
She acts like if I don't care about her being mean to me, its disrespectful. She just gets more upset.
>>
>>16932915

All that manipulation. At the end of the day you aren't there to be her friend. Stop apologising for things that you didn't do wrong, stop trying to fix what isn't fixable. Treat her like a next door neighbour, talk about the bare minimum and go about your work.

If she accuses you of not caring, why not just say you don't? Being scared of her tantrums isn't doing you any good.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.