[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I could use some /adv/ice if any tech geeks are around here.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: wrecked.jpg (4KB, 200x125px) Image search: [Google]
wrecked.jpg
4KB, 200x125px
I could use some /adv/ice if any tech geeks are around here. Why would a fullscreen program run like laggy shit when you first start it, but when you minimize it and then maximize it again it runs good? What sorcery is this? What are the processes that happen when you minimize and maximize shit that could cause this behavior and the lag in the first place? Logic tells me this has to be a simple issue but the developer himself hasn't fixed this. It happens for everyone with this program (Wrecked by MDickie)since at least Windows 8.
>>
When you first open it it may not be fully utilizing your GPU. Windows Vista onwards uses GPU to accelerate the desktop and sometimes GPU accelerated programs can act wonky
>>
>>16932195
hmm that's interesting. btw turns out it runs well right off the bat from the executable that runs it in a window(which my dumb ass didn't even notice). I'll try see if I can come up with a workaround for the fullscreen executable though. The windowed and fullscreen executables are the same size to a byte. It'll be interesting trying to find the difference. Maybe I can compare their hex data. I can also try dropping some newer versions of its dependencies into its folder. btw I've tried it with both my main gpu and integrated and the performance is the same. If all else fails, maybe a batch file will work, though the minimize function didn't, no surprise since I can only minimize it after ctrl alt plus deleting and then maximize it anyway. itll be a complicated batch file, if It comes to it...
>>
well the good news is I found the switch in hex that turns it fullscreen. I tried changing the other switches (all except one were the difference between 01 and 02 in a sea of matching data , and there were only a handful of em) to match the windowed one in hopes that it would do something but no. maybe I missed something. anyway ill continue doing this another day thanks for the help >>16932195
>>
>>16932088
Sounds like problem with game's engine itself.

The maker made a window with some resolution and probably used some framework for 3D games (there is a lot) and initialized variables so the games works fine.

When you change to full-screen, the maker forget to check for this event and games runs with old parameters - bad performance.

However when you minimize program, most frameworks actually stop the game and when returning, they tend to do most stuff automatically - even checking for full screen hence make better performance.

Also there is a big difference between window mode and full-screen. What about compatibility options? Try them.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.