[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop being overly sensitive and taking everything personally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (25KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 300x300px
How do I stop being overly sensitive and taking everything personally and being upset over everything?
>>
>>16931076

realistic self-esteem and confidence
>>
>>16931078
How do I get that?
>>
>>16931078
How do I get that?
>>
>>16931076

by stopping

>BUT ANON THAT SOUNDS HARD

not really. you act the way you want to act, and emotions tend to fall in line to some degree.

if something hurts your feelings (re: overly sensitive, taking everything personally) then you stop. take a deep breath, then change the subject or walk away if the subject is unavoidable. go home that night and deconstruct what was said. if you think it might have been a personal attack, talk to that person about it and see what was wrong.

if it was personal, fuck them, they rude bitches. if it wasn't, acknowledge that, and move on.

the more you address the issues the easier it becomes. as opposed to just internalizing them and worrying without making yourr own conclusion
>>
>>16931275
My sister woke me up four hours before my alarm and threw me out of the door to walk the dog because her hair was wet.

She knows I need all the time and space in the world to wake up and everything needs to be slow and quiet for at least half an hour before I can consider myself fully awake, and she still got mad at me for being upset about having my day started like that.

I'm always depressed/easy to cry when I'm hungry, and I don't handle being forced to function before I can get a bite of breakfast smoothly. She knows this.

How do I know if that's personal or not?
>>
>>16931288

she woke you up four hours early. it wasn't personal, but it was selfish, and still wrong of her. we dont know the bigger context that is your life, but she does seem to be in the wrong here.

as for 'being forced to function' might as well get over that now. she shouldnt wake you up in the middle of the night (???) to walk the dog, but life is about waking up early unfortunately.

do you wanna be that person people talk about rising to every occassion or do you want ot be that person no one likes cuz shes useless in the morning? think back to what life was like before luxury and you'll find that being given a LOT of credit for being functional in the morning is quite a nice thing.
>>
>>16931302
I'm the guy who takes time to wake up at 4 am in order to be functional by 6 am.

I was having night shift that night, my sister just can't comprehend why anyone ever would be asleep at 9 am, work or no.

She doesn't work.
>>
>>16931337

>two hours to become functional
>A GUY

come on mate, life is about waking up early. train yourself to go at it. even if you are in zombie mode.

you will also appreciate having an extra hour and a half to sleep to be quite honest family.

as for that particular night, your sisters still in the wrong and you need to tell her so.
>>
>>16931355
I do shift work, it's random. One week I work from 2 pm to 10 pm, and 10 pm to 6 am the next. Regular sleep schedule is literally impossible.

And I told you, 4 am. Waking up to an alarm I set is fine, I set it early enough to be on time, no matter what.

Having a 40 lb dog thrown at me at a completely random time is not. I take the time and space I need. I just need people to respect it.
>>
What are you doing on 4chan if you're such a sensitive baby like you say?
>>
>>16931372

>i do shift work

yeah that sucks, i remember shift work, but being able to wake up and face a challenge and not whine about how you might cry helps.

>i told you, 4am

you mentioned that but i didnt know wHAT your shift was, you arent being really specific abotu the sequence events so i dunno how long you were asleep, or anything other than you were waking up in 4 hours.

>the dog issue

i agreed from the beignning shes a cunt
>>
>>16931380
Cry, usually.

I upset myself over mean people on the internet a lot.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.