[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Passion"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Passion Fruit.jpg (166KB, 800x984px) Image search: [Google]
Passion Fruit.jpg
166KB, 800x984px
I went to a seminar regarding summer trips that are available at my college. The aim of the trips is to allow the students to learn more about a new culture/language. They mentioned that one of their criteria for selecting candidates is "passion". How can they detect that in an interview? Everyone will just lie about how much they want to go and how much they want to learn more about another culture/language.
>>
You know when someone talks about something, and they just seem really passionate about it, but it's hard to describe why? That's what they're looking for

Also that passionfruit isn't properly ripe yet.
>>
>>16930541
>That's what they're looking for
Isn't it easy to feign passion? You can pretend to sound really excited or some shit when you mention why you are interested in learning about culture. You can also come up with a lot of fake reasons. I don't know.
Well it's just a random pic that I downloaded from the web.
>>
>>16930547
If you're a good actor, sure you could fake it. But since you're asking us, I'm willing to bet you're not a good actor.
>>
>>16930551
No, that is not what I am asking.
I really want to go to Greece ever since I was young. I enjoy reading about Greek mythology, history, etc. However, a lot of people seem interested in applying for the trip as well (they will pay for 80% of all expenses) and I assume they will feign passion in their interviews. I don't know how I can compete with them.
>>
>>16930559
These people aren't naive, they're going to know when people are faking it. And if you don't get it, then you don't get it. That's life, you don't always get what you want, but that shouldn't stop you from trying.
>>
>>16930571
>These people aren't naive
But a lot of people are good actors though. Just look at the ones on TV lol.
>>
>>16930537
Someone with passion for a country or culture will have done something about it by now. They're looking for the people who can say "I learned French just so I could someday go to France" or "I read a lot of Spanish literature" or (as I once did) "There's a poem that beings 'Paris is a woman's town, with flowers in her hair' and I've always had a romantic feeling that I would be happy there"

The point is not to try to make that shit up. That's a kind of thing you can't make up, and that's what they're looking for.
>>
>>16930537
Many people who are good at social skills and talk to a lot of people day in day out develop a jack for telling if people are bei genuine of not.
Our eyes tend to look upwards (and to the side) if we are accessing the part of our brain that deals with imagination, while our eyes tend to look down (and to the side) if we are talking about something we have memory of actually occurring.
Little things like are subconsciously projected and picked up by people all the time.

If I were you I would talk about any sort of family or childhood memory that you associate with Greece, or the longing to go to Greece. And then talk about the things you're like to do when you go there.

Basically, try not to mix memories you've had with memories you want to have. Mixing them up will confuse someone who is reading you.

It gets much more complex than that, but you really don't want to think about your body language too much. Nervousness for example will definitely throw people off.

All the best.
>>
>>16930685
Develop a *nack
.. Sorry about all the grammatical/spelling errors.
>>
>>16930689
its knack, just saying
>>
>>16930685
>Many people who are good at social skills and talk to a lot of people day in day out develop a jack for telling if people are bei genuine of not
I've been to group interviews before and I've seen how good some people are at lying.
>>
>>16930696
Thanks, will note that the next time I use it.
>>16930729
This is true for sure. Some people are difficult to spot unless you've had multiple dealings with them.. And even then..
>>
>>16930559
But if you're actually passionate, then you can still act to play it up and you'll be a step ahead. Also, a good way to let them know you care is to be specific. Don't just say stuff like "I like Greek mythology," tell them about how you really enjoy this one god, hint at what they did in the stories to show that you know your stuff (but don't go on about it and waste interview time), and how you'd love to actually go see one of their shrines. Stuff like that. I did this (subtly displaying knowledge and passion) in an interest-based interview I did and I got the internship. And present yourself as happy and optimistic, don't seem low-energy like you don't care. But honestly, if you care enough to make a thread on 4chan, I'm sure you'll make it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.