[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stress

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: pb-091013-coal-jb.jpg (1MB, 1500x996px) Image search: [Google]
pb-091013-coal-jb.jpg
1MB, 1500x996px
Anyone got any advice on managing stress? I've been struggling to deal with it over the past few months and am looking for something new to try (that doesn't involve drinking/smoking)
>>
>>16930379

Sex
>>
>>16930379
Exercise.
When I'm really stressed, before going to sleep I go swim for an hour. When I get back home I am drained and I feel like all the bottled frustration disappeared.
>>
>>16930389
As stupid as this might be, I hadn't considered this (I'm active but don't work out). Might do a few laps in the morning when the pool opens.
>>
>>16930379
I've been pretty stressed for the last few years at work because of bad sales threatening company.

This is what I do to help.

Daily Pepcid - that stress will give you an ulcer. Stop it before it starts.

Make daily "to do" lists - starting each day with a list of goals that I need to accomplish keeps my productive and not spinning out worrying. Feels good when I see all those things crossed out at the end of the day.

Psychobabble - In my time on this Earth, I've come to the distinct realization that humans are designed to expect the worst case scenario. When we try and predict how a situation is going to play out, we subtly gear our expectations to failure and loss. I've lost count of how often I've extrapolated a problem into ruining my life and with me ending up homeless in a box or something. The best "cure" I have for this is to try and stop predicting the future. Take a beat and realize that you only have some control over RIGHT NOW, so don't fixate on what's going to happen at the meeting next week, the date this weekend, or the companies sales next month. Just try and make a commitment to dealing with shit when it pops up, and not fretting while you wait for bad things to happen.

Exercise - When I'm struggling to get that last rep/extra quarter mile/hold the position for 10 more seconds, There is no room in my head to feel anxiety. It's just me and the workout, and I'm basically forced to focus on the moment I'm in, not expect doom and gloom.

Spirituality - This may not be for everyone, but I've come to believe that there is a higher power, and it's based in love. It is with you, and will protect you if you ask. Ever hear the saying "Careful what you wish for" or "ask and he shall recieve"? There is a real truth in this. If your head of full of doom and gloom, then that higher power will send it to you. If you fill your head with positivity, then better things will happen. Sound "new-agey", but I'm convinced.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.