[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After so many years of trying and failing, trying and failing,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (189KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
189KB, 1000x1000px
After so many years of trying and failing, trying and failing, I've finally found the perfect group of friends who accept me for who I am and enjoy being around me. I thank my lucky stars for them every day.

But something else has been on my mind: romance. I've never had my affections for anyone returned, and sometimes I feel really depressed that I'm romantically alone because I've always wanted intimacy with someone else.

My question is, am I being ungrateful? I love my friends to the ends of the earth and back, I'd never trade them for anything. Do you think that maybe it's too much for me to ask for any more out of life? Should I stop hoping for someone to love me back and just be content with the company my friends provide?
>>
more like impatient, doofus.

what makes you think you coulda handled romance as the person you were anyways?

one thing at a time.
>>
>>16929732
It's not wrong to want more out of life. Don't think you have to settle with being alone forever just because someone hasn't come along yet. It really doesn't have much to do with being content with your friends, unless there's another part of the context I'm unaware of. You being finally happy in a social circle shouldn't be mutually exclusive to being romantically satisfied, so enjoy your time with them and keep searching, friend. They're out there, believe me.
>>
>>16929748
Impatient? No, that's not it...
I guess you don't know me personally but I've been let down relationship-wise quite a number of times. And when media shoves loving couples and kisses and sex in your face it's hard to not want those things yourself. Sometimes all I want is to kiss someone who likes what I like and appreciates my company.

>>16929749
Right, that makes sense. I feel bad for wanting something more when I've finally been able to get what I've been trying for all my life.
>>
Dude, you will be singing such a different song here in ten years or so.

But this is so cute.

I blame "friends" for everything bad in this world.

It gave Millennials a sick, stunted and twisted model of young adulthood.
>>
>>16929799

it doesn't matter if you've had failed relationships, what I said still stands. What makes you so sure the person you were or even are right now coulda handled a relationship?

more opportunities will come. better yourself in expectation of them, enjoying what you have now certainly keeps you happier until then.

oh, also....

> And when media shoves loving couples and kisses and sex in your face it's hard to not want those things yourself.

uhh... does that mean you also want to only eat fast food, drive a german car (or american truck), athletic footwear, an apple product, and a settlement for suffering from Mesothelioma?
>>
For the public record, apropos of nothing :

I think that greentexting is lazy writing. It's very lazy.

However, every day I'm pissed that ITALICS seemingly disappeared into the aether sometime in the early 2000s
>>
>>16929817
>different...in ten years or so
What do you mean?

>"friends" for everything wrong in the world
Again, not sure what you mean. Can you elaborate? Sorry :(
>>
>>16929819
I like to think I can handle a relationship. I'm not suicidal or anything. I've just had trouble finding the right people to be around. I'm quiet by nature so people have taken advantage of me and ignored me in the past.

>media
No, but there's this very sad part of my emotions that just longs for me to have someone else beside me. Cars and food and clothes are material, not at all like the comfort and warmth a person can bring.
>>
>>16929732
hey op stop worrying

both are fundamental to a happy, meaningful life. both are normal things to have. both are normal to have at the same time.
>>
>>16929884
You really think so? I feel really guilty for wanting something more than what I have. Thanks though.
>>
hate to use a cliche but you'll find someone op

someone who would do anything to be with you. trust me, it will happen.
>>
>>16929829
he means the show "friends" with ross and rachel, where a bunch of presumably late 20 somethings have bangin apartments in NYC and they constantly come up with fun and exciting things to do, and date and fuck one another constantly but still all manage to remain freinds somehow (while never seeming to work?)

things will be different in 10 years because you'll have life a little more figured out, hopefully your finances and love life will be in better order and you'll realize 95% of 20 somethings are just as lost and confused as you are
>>
>>16930619
Ohhhhhh. I thought he meant actual friends but like, sarcastically. That makes much more sense, thank you.

I've been quite down lately as I asked someone out but never heard an answer from them. At least a straight-up "no" would have been more polite than just silence. It's not the best feeling... but I'll probably get over it. It happens to me a lot, I'm used to it by now.

I hope what you said about the 10 years thing is true. I wish I had more of a control over my life. A lot of people I know keep falling in love, are asked out, make friends easily, get invited places. And I wish a lot of the time that could be me.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.