[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Young friend in trouble

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: 1443103958588.jpg (119KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1443103958588.jpg
119KB, 1280x720px
I'm a 36 year old male. I enjoy playing tabletop RPGs and card games so I often go to this cool little game store closeby to my house where I play with other adults and kids too. I'm good friends with the owner so I spend a lot of my free time there. I play with a lot of the kids and teach them how to play Magic or D&D, GURPS, whatever and a lot of them look up to me as like a big brother figure. One of the kids that goes there wanted to ask me for help with something like a month ago. So we sat outside and he asked me if he could stay at my house for a few days. I asked him why and if something was wrong. He told me his mom is really mean to him and hits him a lot. They argue a lot and he feels unwanted at home, she always calls him names and says hes useless. He shows me some scars and bruises from his last beating and says he doesn't want to go home so he spends afterschool at the store or at school.

I felt really bad for him so I said he could stay at my house while we sort this situation out. I let him stay at my house for awhile and I called social services and explained the situation. They did an investigation and they determined there was nothing wrong. Apparently she explained away the marks by saying it was kids at school and he has a history of being bullied (Which is true but he told me they've never beaten him up). Clearly social services is a little incompetent. However he has told me his life has been hell ever since the investigation and his mom is being ruthlessly mean to him because he clearly told someone about her. He comes to me and says he doesn't want to go home anymore.

I said you know what, you can come stay with me and we'll figure it out. The kid has stayed with me for like 4 days and his mom does not give a fuck, at all. She hasn't even called him or anything. What are my options? Do I try again with social services? Should I just let him stay here from time to time but make him go home occasionally? He's really happy staying with me.
>>
>>16929710

prepared to be looked at as a predator.

not saying you are, but too much of your story lines up with being one, and anyone outside looking in will say the same thing.

1: distant kid with dysfunctional school and or homelife, no father figure available.

2:unsupervised time with non parental and non teacher adults

3:said adult engages in activty not typical of his age group

4:has demonstrated no regard for parental authority in allowing unrelated child to stay at his residence.

You had best document EVERY encounter before you proceed.

Without a preponderance of evidence, the government is never going to seperate a child from mother.

look for another family member to this kid, or get the school involved.
>>
If his mom is that much of a cunt then yeah, just let him chill at your house. Social services are really hesitant to take away children because it's an economical burden so unless there's undeniable proof they're not going to do jack. It sucks but I think you're on your own.

Where is his father or other family?
>>
>>16929736
Being seen as a predator is the least of my concern, I don't care as long as the kid ends up happy. What do you mean document every encounter, like video tape everytime I'm around him? That's not really feasible.

>>16929757
No father, no other family. It's just him and his mom. Probably another reason why SS wouldn't take him.
>>
>>16929774

i mean document every action in chronology that you're taking methodically. every date he reports something to you. every date he stays, every report you make with a government official, etc etc.

if something you do independently corroborates something else that happened to the kid to legitimise him, the authorities are more armed to act
>>
>>16929774
You know what you have to do: Adopt him.
>>
I just want to say I think you're a really nice guy OP.

You're walking on thin ice though. It's nice that you care for him but the kid isn't yours so you can't really just act as his father even if hes being abused.

I think you have to let it go and send him back to his mother.
>>
>>16929710
He and his mom are scamming you dude.
>>
>>16929868
Agreed
>>
>>16929710
Social services isn't going to be helpful in this case for a variety of reasons. They're not going to take him away from his mom, and even if they did I find it unlikely that they would allow you to adopt. They're retarded like that.

Really, your only issue is if the mom makes a stink out of this legally. But if she really doesn't give a fuck, you're in the clear. I'd still go see a lawyer just in case. Also, this >>16929786 is a good idea.

Also, I just want to say that I'm really happy you're doing this for the kid, OP. I had a bad childhood myself, and I would have been much better off if I had a "safe place" to go to like you're offering this kid.
>>
>>16929736
>OP is trying to help an abused kid
>"lol sexual predator you do things that are socially unacceptble"
Kill yourself.
>>
Have you talked to his mom at all?

>>16929931
Holy shit that poster did not say that whatsoever you fucking spastic, in fact he specifically said he wasn't calling the op a predator he was saying how reactionary fucking retards like you are going to jump to conclusions.
>>
>>16929931
It's a valid concern though, some people can be extremely fucked up, speaking from experience.
>>
OP just be careful, if things get serious, you should be able to have proof you haven`t mistreated the kid or took advantage of him. A scenario where the mother accuses you of child abuse of being a predator is very possible.
You just caring about the kid being happy is sweet, but if you can`t back yourself up regarding your intentions, the kid might not be saved from her.
>>
How old is he?
>>
When do you plan on molesting him?
>>
Kill her and then kill him.
>>
>>16929977
this
waste no time, call the social services, tell them that they fucked up the first time and if they wont do anything now, you will call a local newspaper about this
get the kid to talk with social services too
OR
let the kid go back to his mother
after the first beating immediately call the police and get them to do medical examination
once they compile the list of damages to the body shit it is cash, this is a document neither the police or the social services can ignore
even if she pulls the school bullies card again, then they will have to find out which one of the school bullies did this
>>
I'd probably hold off doing anything until you get yourself a lawyer.
>>
>>16929736
The ignorance.

>>16929943
>some people can be extremely fucked up, speaking from experience.
>less than .1% of people are paedophiles
>of that .1% 81% are men
You have a greater chance of falling over in the shower, smacking your head and dying than you do of being sexually abused as a child.

This society is so fucked, as soon as someone hears about a male who is willing to support and help a child out of the goodness of his heart you get a flurry of people calling him a paedophile, stereotypes exist for a reason but the stereotype that ALL NICE men are paedophiles is fucking sickening.
>>
>>16930119
I didn't make this world,I just live in it
>>
Rape her.
>>
>>16930588
her who ?
>>
>>16929710
Does he has a smart phone? Tell him to get vidya of his mom's actions. Take that to social services. It must be video, audio is illegal apparently
>>
>>16930119
One in three girls and one in five boys are sexually abused as children
>>
>>16930621
The mom of course.
>>
>>16930119
Haha, holy fucking shit, where are you getting your statistics from?
>>
>>16929736

This place has melted your brain, dude. I don't think you should be giving anyone advice
>>
>>16929710
The parents are trying to get you to sexually abuse him, so they can blackmail you for money. It's pretty fucking obvious cookie cutter shit too.
>>
>>16930705
>abused
you sure about your numbers
>>
>>16931124

maybe not true in other parts of the world, but in most of the english first language parts, this is exactly what modern new wave feminism and loads of other PC bullcrap, and a healthy dose of over reaction to church preacher/priest abuse has taught the people and the government to think.

so, I think if you're suggesting OP does not need to be aware of this enough to protect his interests while trying to figure out how to help, then maybe you too should not be giving advice to anyone.

And it wasn't "this place" that "melted my brain." It was being a youth in a position of nearly being abused by someone who was later caught; and then me being a young adult with a friend's young daughter whom unrelated 3rd parties raised suspicions of me that almost ruined my life. (fortunately my friend believed me and didn't give any credit to them, I'm still friends with him and the daughter who is now in college.)

i've seen it from 2/3 sides, and I hope not to see it from the last 1/3rd as a parent.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.