[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a harmless crush on a coworker. It can't go anywhere,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (122KB, 819x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122KB, 819x1024px
I have a harmless crush on a coworker. It can't go anywhere, but I'm cool with that, this is going to go away eventually. It can't go anywhere because she has a 9 month old child and a boyfriend.

Here's the thing, I think she's into me too. Before I had a crush on her, I wrote her a nice Christmas card that she loved, and ever since she's been getting closer and closer. She invites me out drinking, to lunch, sits next to me in every meeting, makes up reasons to come by my office, keeps complimenting me on how great I look (I've been working out hardcore lately kicking myself into shape for summer), that kind of thing.

A partner that we work with invited the office to an early screening of Batman v. Superman next week, and I was asking in a meeting if anyone else was going but me (spoilers, they're not). She perked up and said "oh! You're going? My boyfriend will kill me but I'll come with you!"

So now it's just she and I at this cocktail reception and a movie... Again, not gonna make a move, not ever planning to. But how do I distance myself from her and keep myself out of trouble without being a dick and making it apparent something's up with me?
>>
Are you sure she's still in a relationship?
>>
>>16929524
She has a boyfriend and a kid. It's not like she won't understand.
>>
>>16929524

>not gonna make a move
>continuing to hang out with her and excited about it

Just saying anon, if you're a home-wrecking faggot just admit it. You're clearly planning to do something if you keep hanging out with her alone. The best part is you're doing this for a single fucking mom and I'm guessing you're young because you seem to believe that she won't do it to you if you guys got together.
>>
>>16929524
dude just fuck her and then decide stuffs later
>>
>>16929524
Its the human experience to fall in love over and over again with different people. You aren't a bad person for wanting to have a fling with her. I wont even say she is for wanting to have one with you.

Let what happens happen, and be happy you are alive, anon.
>>
>>16929553

>man life is totally just an experience
>there's nothing bad or good man, it's just like, experiences that you like...allow to change you
>life is so precious man, its just about living it up and having like the ultimate time man

I want cuck hippies to leave.
>>
>>16929564
Im not a cuck. I do the cucking, bitch.
Life is an experience, just don't get cucked.
>>
>>16929564
You yourself said it can't go anywhere. Just enjoy the movie and don't do anything flirty. At the end, say you had a great time, but it would be best if you just remained friends.
>>
>>16929553
Are you me bro? I just said some shit like this today.
>>16929564
Enjoy being desperately attached to people and having your happiness depend on them instead of just taking things for what they are and appreciating everything.
>>
>>16929531

Yes, she mentioned the boyfriend today, when the movie thing came up.

>>16929545
I have done my best not to hang out with her alone. This movie will be the only thing besides two lunches - I've made excuses if our coworkers weren't going to be around for the other things.

I've pointed out, I don't want to try to get with her. It would be a mess - I don't want to break up a family, I don't want to work next to the person I'm seeing every day, especially if coworkers would know I'm the reason it ended, and I wouldn't want to be with someone whose kid I'd be raising and cause a shitload of resentment. The crush will go away.

But I hate you faggots that always say "if someone does this for you, they're going to do it again." If someone is in the wrong relationship and meets the right person, then they should go for it. It's not a case of "well they were here first so I'd better just stick here forever."

>>16929579
I'm more worried about how this seems to recur and seems to be something that follows us around during the workday. I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the attention. I do.
>>
>>16929617
Honestly, I'd mostly be worried about the dates. Flirting in the office can only take you so far, but continuing these dates leave the wrong impression on everyone.
Maybe say something about how it makes you uncomfortable to be alone with her? Or start seeing other girls?
>>
>>16929646

I don't think anyone in the office is construing them as dates, but I get your point. I mean, yeah, I'd like to get involved with other girls, but that's not all that simple.

For the past year and a half I hadn't been interested in anyone at all except one specific person after dumping my girlfriend for her. I hadn't been attracted to anyone else, and this coworker is the first girl I've had an honest thing for in a very long time. I guess I've been disillusioned. I've tried dates and shit, but nothing has been any good.

I guess that's why this crush seems so refreshing and comfortable. I thought I'd broken myself for a minute there.
>>
>>16929524

People change all the time OP, she might be more interested in you than her boyfriend because time and experiences change people. I know im not the person i was 20 years ago, hell i'm not even the person i was yesterday. It may be sad but people enter our lives and it'll be the most beautiful thing however fleeting those tender moments are. But we were made to adapt, we grow older and move on to experience different things that alter how we think as a person. Its sad seeing someone so close to you move away or become someone who is just another acquaintance that you nod to as you pass them on the street.

If you really want to be with her i say go for it, but you must think about how her boyfriend feels and whats best for their family. You seem like a reasonable guy that can make the right decision. However if you do plan on getting intimate with her or developing a more serious relationship make sure that she knows what this will do, actions have consequences but they are not always bad sometimes they can be the best thing to happen.

First off you need to ask yourself if she is actually seeing you as a potential partner, or just a good friend. It could be that way based on the fact that she talks nonchalantly about her bf in front of you. You don't want to make things awkward if you don't have to. It sounds retarded and unromantic but the key to relationships and not hurting anyone is communication.

Last off don't do anything you will regret.
>>
>>16929524
If pic related go ahead in your friendly relationship fag. One thing, Do you think that she will dump her bf for you? Are you really convinced on it? or she just wanna a lot of fun with you?
>>
>>16930670

Confirmed for zero reading comprehension.
>>
Don't be that guy OP. Her boyfriend is probably trying his best for his family. It's a stupid crush, don't do this.
>>
>>16929617
>I have done my best not to hang out with her alone

lol, what is so hard about saying 'no, thank you.'? You are such a thirsty pushover pussy.
>>
>>16929524
Honestly, she probably just wants to be friends. You probably show her more kindness than the other co workers do, so she's grateful for that and enjoys having someone to talk at - like one of her girlfriends. She has a nine month old child plus boyfriend at home. You're reading into this too much. Remain friends or avoid her altogether.
>>
>>16930670
>If pic related
lmao
>>
Tell her you've met that girl and she is super qt and that you are having a date tomorrow, make it clear that you are totally not into her and just being polite.
>>
>>16931001
Again, not trying to break them up. People aren't reading.

>>16931014
Because maintaining positive relationships with your coworkers is important, you autist? You can't just shut yourself in your office and expect to get ahead. I go out to lunch and happy hours with other coworkers as well - if I started just declining her, it'd be clear something was up.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.