[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A warehouse job that hired on the spot instantly within a 25

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1439220389328.jpg (28KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1439220389328.jpg
28KB, 480x480px
A warehouse job that hired on the spot instantly within a 25 minute interview. No background. Yea, birth certificate and social security card needed and other info for payroll though.

Is this a good sign or a bad sign? I mean, does this sound like some scammy shit?

However,
-the ware house is severely understaffed
have people working 12-16 hour shifts if they agree to it (says they'll give double time)

I'm just concerned since a friend took this job. Just seems a little strange, or is this normal of warehouse jobs?
>>
>>16929228
it's a shitty paying labour job so I'd say it's normal, especially if they're desperate

so long as they have the payroll stuff set up it's fine. not all companies do background checks.
>>
>>16929235
Alright, thanks.
>>
>>16929228

It is probably a tough job and they will get on your case for stupid shit like checking your phone or being 2 minutes late for your shift.

Generally if they hire you that quickly and they are "understaffed" it is because they are working people to death, paying them slightly above minimum wage, and then taking the attitude of

> Hurr durr fucking spoiled millenials don't want to work for a living!

The key part of that is "LIVING" as in a LIVING WAGE. Asshats.
>>
>>16929249
I'm not upset about the labor itself. You're getting mad over the wrong concerns. I just thought it strange that they hired right on the spot just based on a conversation.

He's a forklift driver, so it's actually not that laborious, but long hours.
>>
>>16929249
I was more worried that they'd work his ass to the bone and not pay him.
>>
>>16929260

My cousin was a warehouse fork lift driver for a big retail chain. Made $14/hr for only a GED, had benefits and good healthcare mostly paid for.

Did that for years, he loved it.
>>
>>16929282
>>16929282
Yea, my friend only has a GED. This job says start is 11 an hour. But they said they make pay raises quickly upon progress. They have medical and dental. And vacation time after 1 year. So, this is the best he can do for now.

Just considered about the state of the company since they were severely understaffed and friend did say that the owners looked shifty and very foreign.
>>
>>16929309

Is it contract to hire? If so then I would be concerned. Shifty owners abuse contract to hire by using the hire as a carrot on a stick they never intend to give you.
>>
File: image.jpg (88KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88KB, 600x600px
>>16929228
>>
I work in a warehouse and I'd say it's pretty normal. I just walked in one day and asked for a job, the boss said to come in at 8 the next day.
I thought it was a bit shady at first but it's been pretty good so far. Never had any problems either.
>>
ive never heard of an employer wanting to see a birth cert, ever. but then again it counts as a form of identification. weird that they would just ask for a drivers license or a state issued id. oh well other anons say it's legit. also i had a temp job at a warehouse once where they didnt even interview, just show up with the paperwork (mine didnt require birth-certificate though) and show up again for another orientation and we were hired. hopefully you dont end up in some borderline illegal spic slave labor concentration camp like i did
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.