[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get out of the cycle of fapping/drinking and abstaining?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: Xa5Vjjt.jpg (66KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Xa5Vjjt.jpg
66KB, 600x600px
How do I get out of the cycle of fapping/drinking and abstaining? I usually go ~5 days without indulging in either, and then I cave in to one or usually both. This has been going on for years
>>
>>16928837
I think that it helps to reason out the pros and cons ahead of time and then remind yourself of all the reasons it would be good to continue abstaining when you're considering relapsing. Also, writing and signing a contract with yourself and hanging it somewhere you will see every day is helpful as is using a calendar/journal to track your progress.
>>
>>16928837
find something that makes you obsessed that isn't those things. here's the protip: you have to try it first. everything is completely different when you do it than when you think about it. I have had so many experiences where after trying something, I never thought of it the same, and it continued to be different the more I indulged.

try something, even if you're not that excited about it. just see if you like it even a little. then keep doing it or see where it leads you, maybe to doing something else and maybe you might love that. experiment. have fun!
>>
>>16928911
True. I've observed that in my own life, where I'll build up a clear mental picture of what I expect something to be and then when I actually experience it first-hand it reveals itself to be completely different than my preconceptions. Thanks. I'll keep that in mind
>>
>>16928837
It depends on what are you really trying to achieve. Why is that cycle bothering you? There is always a "higher" reason for everything and in this case it may be overcoming procastination, mental self discipline, health reasons, etc, so watch carefully what is yours. Analize it.

On the other hand, the reason we humans indulge in vices is mainly the time and energy that we don't know how to spend it that tries to escape in some way. It is like a dam, you can hold all that water for a while but it then starts to flood the place and eventually it finds another way of escaping, another river or a crack, etc. The same is with your creative energy, when we don't use it to create something the fap comes in, until you have refilled that energy and so on. You cannot hold that water forever, it will find a way of escape sooner or later, whether creating or fapping/drinking/smoking/whatever.

The moral is: Do an activity that gets your mind busy. You are currently occupying your mind with thoughts about your vicious cycle and that is what makes you indulge. Optimally, do the most benefical thing to your life and fill your mind with than kind of thoughts. Stay possitive.

Also, this will help you:
http://www.ted.com/talks/johann_hari_everything_you_think_you_know_about_addiction_is_wrong#t-28179
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.