[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recently sold a fairly high value model plane ($1200). I packed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: question dosh.jpg (79KB, 306x445px) Image search: [Google]
question dosh.jpg
79KB, 306x445px
I recently sold a fairly high value model plane ($1200). I packed it pretty darn well but it still managed to get damaged in transit, but the buyer paid an extra $50 on top of shipping to fully insure the model. He sent me pics of the damage, I pursued the insurance claim, and the courier company paid out, so I now have $2400.

The buyer should obviously be refunded, but should he keep the model as well? He's already started to repair the model. From a legal and moral standpoint, should he get a refund and keep the damaged model because he's the one who paid extra for insurance?
>>
If he receives a refund, you should get the plane. If he wishes to keep the plane and apply money from the insurance to offset repairs, that's also a valid option.
>>
>>16927868
>moral standpoint

yeah it's his you filthy jew
>>
Under american law, title and risk of loss transfer to the buyer when the seller delivers it to a common carrier. So when he bought it and you shipped it, it was his. When it was damaged in transit, it was still his, and the insurance policy kicked in.

You're not refunding him the money he paid for it, are you? You shouldn't have to do that - damage was done in transit, the item was already paid for and his. Just pass along the insurance money and everything should be square.

You:
>price paid for item

Him:
>item
>insurance compensation for damage in transit

>>16927877
>>/pol/
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.