[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you live okay on a part time job? Britfag here, currently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

Can you live okay on a part time job?
Britfag here, currently working full time (General admin), and hating it. I'd like more time to myself, and to work on my own projects to kickstart another career (gamedev stuff), but this 9-5 thing is too time consuming. My current place is 400 a month, bills in. And working part time I'd likely make 7-800.
Do many people do this? People tell me its a bad idea to stray from 9-5 but this thing is killing me, motivation wise.
>>
>>16927458
It can be done for a while, if you live very frugally, but you may find the penny-pinching too soul-destroying to be worth it.

You'll have a better chance if you work like hell for about a year, save every penny, and build up a nest egg to draw on along with your PT earnings.
>>
Totally wouldn't do it in the current climes, famdabbydozy. Far too many places pulling part-time work put you on a zero-hour contract these days, and if they can't do that they'd like as not peg you onto a part time slot with less hours than you want. Hold onto that fulltime if you've got it.
>>
>>16927458

You'd really be living on tbe edge of sustainability. It's kind of a gamble. If anything goes wrong, any unforseen circumstances, you could really feel how bad it is to live right on the edge.

I've actually considered how viable it is to be homeless for a while while doing something part time, but with no intention of giving up my ability to shower or anything like that. I don't know how to parse that. Maybe just have a gym membership and live out of a car for a little while. But then how to eat anything but raw food? Personally, i don't know if I could stand just eating raw veggies, fruit and peanut butter all the time for survival's sake. Good thing though is that internet is easy. Just go to the library. The university library near me even has little one man office like spaces that you can sit in indefinitely.

Anyways, I'm rambling. Even in this case, imagine how shit it would be if something happened to your computer? Or your car? You'd be so fucked. I'd be inclined to drive my car rarely. I'd probably try to find a place to park it. Maybe even a garage, another monthly fee. Then i'd get a bike and just try to use public transport.

Anyways... Rambling. It's really a heavy thought because it sounds "freeing" for things like "chasing your dreams", but it's not acrually stress free. It's pretty scary and a risk.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.