[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Possible Fatherly Depression?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: Welp.jpg (39KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
Welp.jpg
39KB, 709x765px
So my father tells us he should've abandoned me and my siblings and my mom a long time ago.
Every other day, my dad gets into a brief exchange with my mom and after I break both of them up he goes on a 20-30 minute "mope-rant" where he talks about how he should've not married my mom and had us and what he could've done instead in the most morbid way possible. This makes my 12 and 13 year old siblings and I(18) feel pretty shitty. He's also on kidney dialysis and has sleep apnea which also contributes to our worrying about him and possibly to his mood... If any of you guys can help me with dealing with this situation I would be truly grateful; even then, just typing it all out makes me feel somewhat better.
>>
>>16925194

thats lame but with the dialysis hes probably having 'greener grass' syndrome.

normally people have these thoughts in the back of thier mind but htey bottle them up, cuz in just 6 more years all the kids will be 18, and while they wont necessarilly be out of the house, he could go ahead and do a lot of the stuff he couldnt when the kids were underage (like rape them (but no really)).

but with dialysis comes the idea of mortality. even if he has a 100% guarantee that hes going to be fine after this (idk his story, but lets pretend) hes still doing this horrible fucking thing and thinking about why its happening all the goddamned time. until he starts to reach that recovery place where life goes back to normal, hes seeing himself as dying, and the stress and pain and everything else of dialysis is also happening.

talk to him about the things he wanted to do. suggest he do them. offer to pitch in or help where you can, but back off and let him do his own thing for what he wants. offer to be an ally.

he took care of you, maybe you can help cross things off a bucket list.
>>
>>16925220
Thanks, that really helped. He also just had his 61st birthday 12 days ago so the whole "mortality" thing makes sense. I'll try that
>>
>>16925233

ouch yeah, my parents had us young so they are only in their 40s and still go do stupid shit like cliff jumping and whatnot for fun. 61 doesnt leave nearly as much opportunity to do the no kids things.

mortality it is.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.