[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi adv, I posted this a while ago but i would like to explain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1386851838457.jpg (6KB, 248x204px) Image search: [Google]
1386851838457.jpg
6KB, 248x204px
Hi adv,
I posted this a while ago but i would like to explain my situation a little bit better.

I have been to the doctor more than i like for all kinds of things so id rather ask here first.

I have a lot of trouble with staying awake when i feel sleepy.
If my eyelids get heavy i have about 5 minutes before i fall asleep, how hard i try to stay awake.
One moment i feel very energetic and then suddenly i feel sleepy and i fight and i fight to stay awake, and after 5 or 10 minutes i just close my eyes and im gone.

I have tried everything but i cant fight falling asleep when im tired.

My friends think its pretty weird because when they are feeling sleepy they can stay awake for hours if they want to

I have a couple of examples:

>hanging out with a friend, watching a movie and half way in the movie my eyes start to get heavy and 5 minutes later i am gone and impossible to wake.
> i get woken up by my father throwing a glass of water in my face because alarmclocks dont wake me, i just dont hear them
>sleep through fire alarm and my bose sounddock on max volume( you could hear the sound a block away)

>if i get a ride from someone and im sitting on the passenger seat i fall asleep no matter how long we drive, after 5 minutes i just fall asleep

>got home from work one day 2 weeks ago, collapsed in bed and slept for 15 hours straight
>cant keep my eyes open when my eyelids are getting heavy and im driving my car

I can keep going on about this

Does this sound like narcolepsy?

I always thought that people who have that shit just collapse and sleep in the blink of an eye..

Anyone got some ideas?

I go to bed at 22:00 and wake up at 06:00, i dont use my computer or phone, the room isnt warm and its ventilated.
>>
How is your diet? Are you a fatty? You might be diabetic.
>>
>>16924888
It certainly sounds like it might be narcolepsy to me, but I know nothing about the actual disease.

In popular culture its portrayed as falling asleep without warning. You describe falling asleep suddenly in the car or watching a movie.

Talk to a doctor, dude.
>>
>>16924888
Sounds nice. I work 12 hour nights and I find it really fucking hard to sleep unless I run myself ragged beforehand.

And even then, I sleep like 5 hours and I'm totally at the mercy of the doorbell or phone or just the fucking sun being too bright.

You got a good thing going man. Shame it doesn't work for you.
>>
>>16925364
No im healthy and fit
>>16925685
Allright i will do..

So you guys dont have problem with staying awake when you dont want to fall asleep yet?
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.