[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't I remember anything?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1395302607135.png (9KB, 405x344px) Image search: [Google]
1395302607135.png
9KB, 405x344px
Why can't I remember anything? This has bitten me in the ass time and again, this time around I blew a job interview. It was for a junior part-time programming position(Java), but they asked me about a bunch of other things like Turing machine and networks as well, because I said I took courses about them at school. I passed both those particular courses, but I could barely remember anything at the interview a year later; I just had some vague picture of the TM from a textbook in my head and I squeezed out some words that I suspected pertained to it; same with networks, I babbled out something trying to answer one of their questions but then I fucked up with the layers of abstraction and said a total nonsense. They, on the other hand, knew their shit perfectly, even the manager who said earlier he wasn't an IT guy. I'm first year of a CS Master's on poor-tier school.

How can I be this retarded, /adv/?
>>
>>16924688
If you don't understand the layers of abstraction to the point that you can't verbally explain it to others then I don't even...

for fucks sake I'm an idiot truck driver and even I can do that
>>
>>16924688
Do you actually use this knowledge for anything? I'm working as a programmer right now. I've forgotten pretty much everything I studied about during my university time 5 to 2 years ago except what I have or make use of at work. There are some things I do remember from my security courses as well because we did elaborate experiment assignments on those things. If you've been ass-blasting your brain with concepts you're not going to make use for and all you had to do was to memorize them for an exam I'm not surprised you forgot about them.
>>
>>16924731
Yea, but how come all of them knew it and I didn't? I mean, they studied this shit same as I did, and probably haven't use use since they left school.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.