[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ever since I was born I was told to believe in Jesus or else

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (98KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 800x600px
Ever since I was born I was told to believe in Jesus or else I'd go to hell, so obviously every night I'd pray to him. But for most of my teen life I don't think I really did believe in religion but I did just incase if it was true and it would prevent me from suffering for eternity.

Now I'm away at college and I still get these thoughts that make me feel guilty for questioning his existence but my love for science and evolution is helping to ease those fears. I just want to live in the now moment and be a good person without worrying about the future or past.

Anyone else like this? I feel like fully detaching myself from religion is a death sentence to hell just because that idea has been the root belief in me for so long
>>
>>16923476

theres a quote floating around, and this isnt even close to verbatim but the idea behind it is

go out and live a good life, and do your best to not harm others. If there is a god, and he is just, he will welcome you with open arms for being a good person, regardless of whether or not you guessed which religion to believe in. if there is a god, and he only cares about whether or not you guessed the right religion, then he wasnt worth worshipping to begin with.

as for the contradictions between bible and science, the bible is just that: a bible. its a hand written book pulled from thousands of other books to represent the time it was put together. it was written and re written and redrafted and sent to kings for their versions, then translated then what have you. most of what appears is reflection of rules that would have been helpful in the time. its not actually bad to eat pork, it just wasn't hygenic enough to be a good idea at the time. theres nothing wrong with masturbation, the human race was just small at the time (and children died often).

its a new world, and no matter how you apply the old religions, they just dont fit. so why try to? use the bible as a tool to define your own personal relationship with the lord, whatever that may be, and go forth and do what you want and try not to hurt people, and just admit when you have.
>>
I've felt this way for a long time as well. You just need to realize that when you accept a set of beliefs, you take all of the baggage and the risk.
>>
I was 'raised' catholic( not really forced to church but more culturally) it was normal to do communion and the other thing i forgot the name of. In my later teens i became atheist, now around my 20's i'm a bit more agnostic.

I just don't really care about religion and try to be a good person.
>>
Your parents lied to you. There is no heaven and no hell, and you are under no obligation to believe in Jesus.

Seriously, think about it. Out of all the religions that have been followed throughout all of human history, YOUR religion is the right one? It makes no sense.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.