[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ferrets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 3

File: p-31438-87522K_018_main.jpg (39KB, 432x432px) Image search: [Google]
p-31438-87522K_018_main.jpg
39KB, 432x432px
I just got a new ferret and its the first time owning one. Shes four months, Should I feed her raw meat/meat diet or stick to the pellets? Pros and Cons of it?
>>
>>16919211
>new one
What have you done to previous one ;O
>>
File: 1457196135510.jpg (248KB, 780x1624px) Image search: [Google]
1457196135510.jpg
248KB, 780x1624px
>meat
>raw meat

If it would honestly gladly eat cooked meat, go for it I guess. But raw meat has too much bacteria and parasites, and likely wherever you got this Ferret from doesn't have he Immune System for it due to being fed Storebought food.

Use the pellets. If you're concerned about treating your ferret, there are all kinds of yummy treats, cheese based snacks, and pastes that my Ferrets try to pry the lids off to snack on.

If youre like most people, you're gonna hate the smell. Hopefully the scent glands were removed, otherwise you can do that by Vet. If you dont have the money, there are special Oils you can drop into their Water to reduce scent by a lot.
>>
File: 1455211098074.jpg (21KB, 408x352px) Image search: [Google]
1455211098074.jpg
21KB, 408x352px
>>16920337
I SERIOUSLY RECOMMEND getting a second Ferret once you get the hang of the first. They are very social animals and depending on how much timr you have in a day to play, they get VERY lonely. The first one I owned stopped eating because I was at work almost 7 hours a day.

Litterboxes can be as simple as shredded newspaper (comes specially cubed and shredded in Pet Stores) or you can go fancy with Scent-Blocking Super Absorbtion Lavender Scented shit.

They usually find corners to poop in if they're walking insidr your house, thank god. But they usually just piss wherever. I bought a bulk pack of Shop Towels and some basic Pet Stain Remover. I dont even get bothered if they piss on me now. I just tie a Bathrobe over me during playtime.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.