[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting over her

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: gorgeous-dawn-wallpaper-2.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
gorgeous-dawn-wallpaper-2.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
2 and a half years ago I got dumped by the girl I was seeing, and it changed my life. There was no reason for me to have such a big reaction to it. She was my closest friend and we'd slept together a few times, but I knew we weren't in a relationship. What's more, I knew that she wasn't the sort of girl that I wanted to be in a relationship with, and that it would probably end badly. And yet, when it did end badly, I was heartbroken. I realised that in my own way I'd loved her and depended on her far more than I knew. In the time that's passed I've been frequently depressed and lonely, and although I'm ok right now, I still feel like I'm not 'over her' and don't know if I ever really will be.

I've not slept with anyone since and it's really starting to get to me. One-night stands seem meaningless now, and I've not met anyone else who made me feel the same way and want to pursue a relationship. I'm a bit of a weird person (in that my hobbies/interests are different to most people's), and I'd need to meet a girl who's the same sort of weird for it to click, and I haven't done that. She's still the only person that I ever felt really comfortable being myself around, but I got so bitter/jealous when she started dating someone else that I had to cut her from my life completely, even though she wanted to be friends. I still know she's not the right match for me long-term, but it made no difference. All traces of her had to be removed, and now I just feel as lonely and isolated and far away from properly moving on as I did the day she told me it was over.

Does anyone have any advice to help me with this?
>>
>>16610605
>I've not slept with anyone since
Just force yourself to... It's a failproof method for me

>slept with friend last night after boxing eve party
>ex hasn't crossed my mind today (we broke up at the start of the month and I was also having a hard time getting over her)
>>
>>16610618
What about if it's with someone I've got absolutely no connection with? I've heard that can make it worse.

The only girls I'd really be able to sleep with are random girls I meet in clubs. I've recently moved to a new town, and I don't really have any female friends at the moment apart from ones who live far away from me (not that they'd necessarily want to sleep with me anyway).
>>
>>16610696
Hmm, perhaps. I've never actually slept with a random girl... I get bigger kicks with friends

But go into it wanting it, and not with hesitation, and you'll feel better for it. Go into it feeling like shit and being reluctant will no doubt leave you waking up the next morning feeling awful
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.