[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i'm in my mid twenties, have a degree, a car and a license,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: sinking feeling.jpg (74KB, 570x378px) Image search: [Google]
sinking feeling.jpg
74KB, 570x378px
i'm in my mid twenties, have a degree, a car and a license, no money and living with my parents. i've not been able to find a job for 2 years and this town is absolutely famous for unemployment. i've had so much free time i learned another language which i'd hoped would change something (it didn't)

it's completely done my head in. it feels like no matter what you do, you're ultimately at the mercy of circumstance. i've become increasingly avoidant and have stopped speaking to friends and family completely. really recently i've stopped leaving the house.

has anyone experienced a similar thing, and what advice do you have? suicide doesn't seem like a 'tragic misunderstanding' at this point so much as a way to save some precious dignity becausing being 'that guy stuck at home until he's 40' is worse than death on all accounts.
>>
1. You are suffering from clinical depression, been there, done that, get a shrink and some meds
2. Most people have hobbies even if they don't have social lives, find something you enjoy doing, preferably on the cheap since no job
>>
>>16607745
You need a job, to feel valuable.
>>
>>16607778
Nigga could feel valuable in a bowling league or gaming guild. I'm not saying he doesn't need a job, but telling an unemployed person to tie their employment status to how they value themselves as a human being, when they are already depressed, is not a smart idea.
>>
>>16607745
>1. You are suffering from clinical depression, been there, done that, get a shrink and some meds
I agree but i've found therapy to be really unhelpful. I also got some benzos once and those are just dangerously tempting.

with therapy it's literally just this person reading out a bunch of bullet points to you until you internalize it. i'm like this for perfectly rational reasons and i don't see how that flowery 'it's just how you look at it!' shit is helpful anymore.

i even tried religion, gave buddhism a huge run, went to church and even did that fedora tier greek philosophy stuff.

>2. Most people have hobbies even if they don't have social lives, find something you enjoy doing, preferably on the cheap since no job
i think all this free time has burnt me out on all i used to do. i started lifting weights again which gives a brief respite
>>
>>16607803
>i'm like this for perfectly rational reasons
> i've become increasingly avoidant and have stopped speaking to friends and family completely. really recently i've stopped leaving the house.
>suicide doesn't seem like a 'tragic misunderstanding' at this point so much as a way to save some precious dignity becausing being 'that guy stuck at home until he's 40' is worse than death on all accounts.
Protip: There is a difference between sadness and depression and just because you have a rational reason for feeling how you feel doesn't mean how you feel isn't beyond the norm to a destructive degree

Also, if you're contemplating suicide you are well past rational unless you've got a terminal illness you failed to mention.

You very much sound clinically depressed, you are not in your right head and very much lack the sort of perspective to confirm one way or the other. Fix your chemical imbalance and at the very least your life will suck a little less.
>>
>>16607778
you can't even get more than a couple days of labouring at a time here, maybe once a month. sometimes it's a single day
>>
>>16607817
>There is a difference between sadness and depression and just because you have a rational reason for feeling how you feel doesn't mean how you feel isn't beyond the norm to a destructive degree

you're right, i'll look into it more
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.