[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>close friend gets married to a girl he's been dating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 10[1].jpg (37KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
10[1].jpg
37KB, 620x413px
>close friend gets married to a girl he's been dating for, like, a year
>she's a 4/10, at best
>we're watching the news report on the whole Miss Universe fiasco
>I say Colombia is prettier then Phillipines
>friend says his wife is the prettiests of them all
>I'm like "Come on, man, let's be real here."
>he gets mad and leaves

Who was in the wrong here?

I mean, I GET the whole "my wife is the prettiest woman of all" sentiment, but it's just that, a sentiment. You shouldn't take it literally, and expect others to do that, either.
>>
He was corny and you were insulting.
I'd say you're both faggots, but you're objectively more blamy.
>>
>>16594646
Why would you say that though? Are you that disconnected from other people that you don't think they can have other viewpoints? Or do you just not value their point of view whatsoever? Either you're out of touch, or an asshole, or both.
>>
unless your mate said it in a joking/corny fashion, what a fucking faggot
>>
you're just plain rude man.
>>
>>16594646
You were blunt. Your friend had to give that answer. Friends are overrated.
>>
>>16594646
who was wrong here? you were. you were a complete asshole. people who fall in love with someone tend to see them more attractive than anyone else. if a friend said that and i was in your situation i wouldn't have said anything cause what the fuck do you say to that. but you wanna provide the meanest response possible? say what you did
>>
>>16594672
>>16594683
>>16594694
>>16594695
Why was I insulting? Just because I refuses to partake in his corny fantasy? What sort of touchy-feely liberal bullshit are you implying here? Guy's delusional like a fucking transvestite, and I'm in the wrong for putting him back down on the ground? I just don't get it.

>>16594687
He did not, he really meant it. I have never seen him so mad before.
>>
okay so now that i know he really meant it, re-read >>16594695

there's nothing else to this conversation or to understand
>>
>>16594703
You've obviously never been in love before.
>>
>>16594703
>Your wife looks like shit m8
>Why was I insulting?
Because you're an autist
>>
>>16594683
speaks the truth
>>
>>16594745
I've had crushes on girls all my friends deemed unattractive, and never got mad, tho.
>>
>>16594703
It's not good social etiquette to basically call your friends wife ugly, no matter how true it might be. He worked hard to marry that dog and you're pissing on his parade.
>>
>>16594703
ignore these sensitive kissless faggots who put any kind of woman showing any interest in their lives on a pedestal

if two bros can't just check out chicks and he has to bring up his gf into the convo for no reason, then hes a faggot
>>
>>16594758
nor is it good etiquette to bring your partner into a topic about attractiveness and make everyone involved feel awkward
>>
>>16594758
>It's not good social etiquette
Generally, I'd agree, but we've been friends for, what, six years now? I think some boundaries can be crossed under such intimate conditions.

>>16594761
Cheers, mate. Glad to see I'm not the only one thinking like that.
>>
>>16594761

This
>>
>>16594703
You weren't putting him back down on the ground. You were telling him that you do not think his wife is pretty, which is fair enough, everyone is entitled to their opinion. But you also implied that no one could find his wife pretty and that he is an idiot for feeling that his wife is pretty. You didn't have to be shitty about it. I'm sure you probably said it I. The spur of the moment because you wanted opinions of the beauty pageant girls and he steered the conversation to his wife that he's in love with and you're sick of hearing about, but in what society is it not insulting to be told "you're waifu a shit"?
>>
>>16594754
Being married and having a crush are 2 different things.

You were in the wrong, you were a cunt for no reason. Why even make a thread if you're not going to accept that you were an asshole? It's like you want validation from anonymous retards.
>>
I wouldn't doubt that his 4/10 wife was prettier than them. They're all fucking ugly bimbos.
>>
>>16594646

>rates women on an arbitrary scale
>posts on an anime message board

I bet you think women like assholes, too.
>>
>>16594787
>Why even make a thread if you're not going to accept that you were an asshole?
I'm looking for arguments for why I'm wrong, not just people saying I am. Got some in this thread, and I appreciate that, even if I don't automatically rush to accept them as right. Validation is nice, but I'm not fishing for it explicitly. Just interested in second opinions.

>>16594782
>But you also implied that no one could find his wife pretty and that he is an idiot for feeling that his wife is pretty.
Not at all. I was merely noting the difference between your average, normal, girls-next-door and literally the prettiests women in the fucking know universe.

If anything, I got crazy mad at the arrogance of the poor bastard, having the fucking balls to claim his mediocre wife even had a chance to compete with them beauties. I mean... just, fuck, get real, man. I never supported any sort of self-induced delusions, is all.
>>
>>16594646
id probably act the same way in the situation or just not say anything but id think hes a delusional retard as well.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.